50 Pots – Scottish Pottery Exhibition
BARROWFIELD, BRITANNIA, BUCHAN, BELLS: EXPLORING OVER 200 YEARS OF SCOTTISH CERAMICS IN 50 POTS
Maryhill Burgh Halls, 10 – 24 Garbraid Avenue, Glasgow Glasgow, Wyndford, Glasgow G20 8YE
The FREE exhibition. runs until October, 2022. Monday till Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
To mark their golden anniversary, Scottish Pottery Society are taking us back to when Glasgow’s skyline was populated by kiln chimneys – these 50 pots tell the story of Scotland’s industrial potteries.
The exhibition will also showcase creative, contemporary responses to Scotland’s pottery heritage, made by City of Glasgow College applied arts students.
Feature on Harry Kelly, expert on Scottish ceramics, who bequeathed his collection to University of Glasgow’s Hunterian Gallery & Museum..
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Free Events, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Carols in the Cloisters
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Coorie In at Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- Christmas Come and Sing, University of Glasgow Choir
- Black Pudding Day
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Panto: A Crackin Cinderella Story at Websters
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- White Christmas – Andre Rieu
- Eileen at GFT
- We Dare To Dream + Q and A at GFT
- Preview: Earth Mama plus Q and A
- Maestro at GFT
- Fallen Leaves
- Elf at IMAX Glasgow and Glasgow Science Centre Galleries
- Cinemasters: Powell and Pressburger GFT
- Take 2: Trolls Band Together
- Oppenheimer at GFT 70mm
- It’s a Wonderful Life GFT