45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
Sunday 4 March, 2018
Old Toll Bar, 1 – 3 Paisley Road West, G51 1 LF – 1.00 p.m. 10.00 p.m.
Raising funds for Glasgow SE and SE Food Banks.
After a 5 year hiatus, charity night 45s for 45 return with a huge 9hr, 2 floor, over 20 DJs event!
Hosted in the ornate Old Toll Bar at the very start of Paisley Rd West (No.1 to be precise) this event does what it says on the tin: DJs play 45s (7″ vinyl) for 45mins each!
As it’s a long day, 1pm-10pm, the day is broken up by inviting different Glasgow club nights to host sections (either 3hrs or 1.5hrs). Hosts clubs are:
Pretty Ugly, Double Sight, Anna & Holly’s Dance Party, Seven Up, Let’s Go Back, Soul Jazz Friday, Bob’s Bag & Rubadub Records (see further down for a full list of times and DJs).
ENTRY IS FREE but donations will be taken throughout the day in support of the Glasgow SE & SW Foodbanks. Donations can either be in cash, in kind (discounts or services you can offer the foodbank) or in donations of canned goods (poster for this will be in the thread below for what is suitable). There will also be a Just Giving page setup by the foodbank for this event. The foodbank volunteers will be on hand throughout the day so you know any cash raised goes directly to them.
This is a family friendly event and children are welcome in the bar up till 8pm. In addition, our friends from Mini Manoeuvres have agreed to come in and provide some kids play activity from 1pm-4pm but please be aware this is not the full blown Mini Manoeuvres experience you might expect from their massive events in places like SWG3 … it’s just a wee pub in the southside so space for activities is limited 🙂
The event takes place over the two floors of the bar and the smaller basement function space and will spill out into the beer garden if the weather is kind to us
Times are as follows:
1pm-4pm – PRETTY UGLY
With Aarti Joshi, Lynne Johnston & guests DJ Gerry Lyons & Jennie Cook
4pm-7pm – Split between DOUBLE SIGHT
With Holly Calder & Craig Reece and “Anna & Holly’s DANCE PARTY” with … Anna Goldthorp & Holly
7pm-10pm – DIVINE (still the longest running regular club night in Scotland!)
With host Andrew Divine and guests Hushpuppy, Stuart Cosgrove & Neil Macinnes
1pm-2:30pm – SEVEN UP
With Craig Moogroove and Pete Walker
2:30pm-4pm – LET’S GO BACK
With Bosco & JP McGowan
4pm-5:30pm – SOUL JAZZ FRIDAYS
With Mark Robb + Guest
5:30pm-7pm – BOB’S BAG
with Bob Da Junglist & Stevie Elements
7pm-10pm – RUBADUB
With the secretive Rubadub 4.5 (always the rebels that Rubadub lot!
Raffle Prizes (so far):
1) You now have two chances to win a 5L Mini Keg of beer from RIDE Brewery (http://ridebrewing.co.uk/)! You will get the freshest beer possible as the prize is whatever one-off beer they are brewing exclusive for their beer club members (and you!).
2) £25 gift voucher for NIRVANA Piercing (http://
3) A limited edition vinyl 45s Boxset from RUBADUB Records & Technology (https://www.rubadub.co.uk/). They will chose a relevant box set from current stock at time of raffle.
4) TBC from LITTLE BOTANICA Florist (https://www.facebook.com/
5) TBC from OTHERSIDE Records/Books/Curios (https://www.instagram.com/
6) Some specially selected craft beers from The Wee Beer Shop (http://weebeershop.co.uk/). Actual prize will depend on what’s just arrived the week of the raffle to ensure only the freshest beer possible.
7) Afternoon tea for two with glass of prosecco from the original American Burger joint: AD LIB in Ingram Street (https://
8) 3 pairs of tickets to The Stand Comedy Club (http://www.thestand.co.uk/
9) TBC from LIQUID ACADEMY (http://
10) A custom lathe cut 45 single from DSR Soundsystem (http://
11) A pair of tickets for Let’s Go Back to 80’s (facebook.com/events/
From humble beginnings in La Cheatah to selling out the cavernous SWG3 months in advance, these are well sought after tickets!!
12) A pair of tickets for Massaoke (facebook.com/
13) A pair of tickets for “We Love Pop Club’s Britney in GlasVegas Special” (https://www.facebook.com/
14) A quality framed print from Campbell Bike Workshop in Arrochar. (https://www.facebook.com/
15) Food and drinks up to the value of £40 from Bar 91 (bar91.co.uk). Now going for 24 years in the Merchant City, this watering hole might be classed as a bar but as it’s tagline says: “food made good” it has firmly establishment itself within the foody market with regular 4/5 star reviews.
16) 4 complimentary passes for Glasgow Science Centre (glasgowsciencecentre.org), valid until 1st September. You can explore all three floors of Glasgow Science Centre with over 400 interactive exhibits. Yourself and your family or friends will have the option to add on a visit to the fulldome digital Planetarium and explore the stars. You could go to one of our exciting Science Shows where you’ll be wowed by crashes, bangs and wallops and taken through incredible scientific phenomena by our talented science communicators.
17) £100 goody bag from Shapes of Things (shapesofthings.co.uk). Amazing prize from Scotland’s premium Children’s Clothing Design Studio!! Constantly innovating with ideas such as their colouring in T’s, this Glasgow based label is leading the way in kids clothing. Winner just needs to send childs age and the Shapes guys will put together and age appropriate prize up to the value of £100!!
18) Beautiful bespoke Harris Tweed Scarf from two-time Scottish Designer of the year Deryck Walker (instagram.com/
Sponsors and Supporters:
OLD TOLL BAR -(facebook.com/
FREAKTHEFUNK.COM: Paid for our posters
EH SOUND – (ehsound.co.uk): Proving transport on the day
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- Mòd 2019 CCA
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Mòd 2019: Gaelic Conversation Café Public CCA
- Black History Month Street Level Photography Temporary Hoarding Magazine and Anti-Racist Graphics
- CINE[STHESIA]: Filmichean Gàidhlig/ Gaelic Films Ghlaschu Mod 2019
- Art For Heart’s Sake, Art Fundraiser at The Store 2019
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Programme
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA