Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
Is nature calling to you?
Nature and meditation in a time of change.
As our usual routines are disrupted, many are finding themselves reflecting on life. Perhaps you have found yourself questioning those usual routines or other aspects of your life which were so shaped by the culture you were born into. Maybe underneath those thoughts urging you to get things done and achieve things, there is another voice encouraging you to slow down.
Perhaps, on some level, you are drawn to nature as you reflect on your life. Could it be that some of the clarity that we are looking for lies there?
Steven Harper, wilderness therapist, says: “If you are willing to be still and open enough to listen, nature itself will teach you.”
Whether you go a daily walk or are currently housebound, you can begin to reconnect with the natural world, our true on how to still ourselves and be open to receiving nature’s peace, healing and wisdom.
Judy Jamieson is a psychotherapist and meditation teacher with a passion for nature connection, mindfulness & compassion-based approaches.
“You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are not a stranger here”.
~ Alan Watts
“Set aside the learned ways of perceiving the world (e.g as dead matter for your use) and see if you can receive again your actual perception of the world, as a community of beings to whom you are meaningfully related”
~ Erazim Kohak
Meeting ID: 890 1024 2404
Or call in on: 0131 460 1196
Woodlands Community Garden 91 – 101 West Princes Street G4 9BY
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- World Book Night with Denise Mina
- Beats – GFT At Home
- Song Without A Name online at GFT
- Days of the Bagnold Summer
- Carlton Sessions
- A WORKING CLASS STATE OF MIND by Colin Burnett
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- Launch of The Ship Yard Project
- Wee Nature Fest – Islands of Abandonment
- Sheena Blackhall – Meet the Author
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- Open The Door Festival 2021 – Scottsh Women’s Writing
- A Year of Workers’ Stories
- Warren Starry Skies – New Album ‘Small Wonders’