Wild Words Festival, Woodlands Community Garden, 2 October, 2016
They’ve got a great line up at Wild Words Harvest Festival on Sunday 2nd October. Taking place both at the Community Garden, 91-101 West Princes St, Glasgow G4 9BY and Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington Street, Glasgow, G4 9AJ
Workshops 2 -6pm (free, registration from 1.30pm)
Harvest Dinner 6.30-8.30pm (£6 adults, £3 children)
WILD WORD WORKSHOPS
Sunday 2nd October 2-8.30pm
2.00 – 3.15 Louse Welsh: Putting Fiction in its Place (Fiction)
The workshop will experiment with using our ve senses to write about place. It will take place both indoors & in the garden – regardless of the weather and will be a mixture of discussion and hands-on exercises. Louise Welsh is the author of seven novels, most recently ‘Death is a Welcome Guest’. She has received numerous awards including a Doctor of Arts from Edinburgh Napier University. She is Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Glasgow.
3.30 – 4.45 Esther Woolfson: The Wonder of Birds (Nature Writing)
5.00 – 6.15 Nalini Paul: Sensing Autumn (Poetry)
FAMILIES & CHILDREN
2.00 – 3.15 Allison Galbraith: Garden Stories (Storytelling)
3.30 – 4.45 Viv Gee: Families Can be Funny (Comedy)
5.00 – 6.15 Grainne Ronney: Playing with Music (Music and Song)
All workshops are free, registration opens on the day from 1.30pm. Check website for full details.
WILD WORDS: HARVEST DINNER
6.30pm—8.30pm at Fred Paton Centre
HOSTED BY WOODLANDS COMMUNITY GARDEN POP-UP CAFÉ
£6 adults, £3 children. Tickets available on the day.
Feast on a beautiful three course vegetarian and vegan Harvest Dinner,
with tasty seasonal veg cooked by our delicious community café team.
Enjoy performances between courses and keep the creativity and celebration going into the evening.
WILD WORDS is supported by Scottish Book Trust as part of Literature Live.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Woodlands Community Garden
- It’s A Wonderful Life GFT
- Take 2: How the Grinch Stole Christmas, GFT
- The Bolshoi Ballet Encore: The Nutcracker GFT
- Her Smell, GFT
- The Kingmaker, GFT
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Christmas at Glasgow Film Theatre 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub + Backseat Bingo Dial Code: Santa Claus + Secret Santa Party
- UKJF Why the Jews? + Starboy CCA
- Southern Exposure Utu CCA