Wild Words Festival, Woodlands Community Garden, 2 October, 2016
They’ve got a great line up at Wild Words Harvest Festival on Sunday 2nd October. Taking place both at the Community Garden, 91-101 West Princes St, Glasgow G4 9BY and Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington Street, Glasgow, G4 9AJ
Workshops 2 -6pm (free, registration from 1.30pm)
Harvest Dinner 6.30-8.30pm (£6 adults, £3 children)
WILD WORD WORKSHOPS
Sunday 2nd October 2-8.30pm
2.00 – 3.15 Louse Welsh: Putting Fiction in its Place (Fiction)
The workshop will experiment with using our ve senses to write about place. It will take place both indoors & in the garden – regardless of the weather and will be a mixture of discussion and hands-on exercises. Louise Welsh is the author of seven novels, most recently ‘Death is a Welcome Guest’. She has received numerous awards including a Doctor of Arts from Edinburgh Napier University. She is Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Glasgow.
3.30 – 4.45 Esther Woolfson: The Wonder of Birds (Nature Writing)
5.00 – 6.15 Nalini Paul: Sensing Autumn (Poetry)
FAMILIES & CHILDREN
2.00 – 3.15 Allison Galbraith: Garden Stories (Storytelling)
3.30 – 4.45 Viv Gee: Families Can be Funny (Comedy)
5.00 – 6.15 Grainne Ronney: Playing with Music (Music and Song)
All workshops are free, registration opens on the day from 1.30pm. Check website for full details.
WILD WORDS: HARVEST DINNER
6.30pm—8.30pm at Fred Paton Centre
HOSTED BY WOODLANDS COMMUNITY GARDEN POP-UP CAFÉ
£6 adults, £3 children. Tickets available on the day.
Feast on a beautiful three course vegetarian and vegan Harvest Dinner,
with tasty seasonal veg cooked by our delicious community café team.
Enjoy performances between courses and keep the creativity and celebration going into the evening.
WILD WORDS is supported by Scottish Book Trust as part of Literature Live.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Woodlands Community Garden
- How to Manage Hip and Knee Pain
- Truck Art at The Mela
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020