Wild Words Festival, Woodlands Community Garden, 2 October, 2016
They’ve got a great line up at Wild Words Harvest Festival on Sunday 2nd October. Taking place both at the Community Garden, 91-101 West Princes St, Glasgow G4 9BY and Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington Street, Glasgow, G4 9AJ
Workshops 2 -6pm (free, registration from 1.30pm)
Harvest Dinner 6.30-8.30pm (£6 adults, £3 children)
WILD WORD WORKSHOPS
Sunday 2nd October 2-8.30pm
2.00 – 3.15 Louse Welsh: Putting Fiction in its Place (Fiction)
The workshop will experiment with using our ve senses to write about place. It will take place both indoors & in the garden – regardless of the weather and will be a mixture of discussion and hands-on exercises. Louise Welsh is the author of seven novels, most recently ‘Death is a Welcome Guest’. She has received numerous awards including a Doctor of Arts from Edinburgh Napier University. She is Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Glasgow.
3.30 – 4.45 Esther Woolfson: The Wonder of Birds (Nature Writing)
5.00 – 6.15 Nalini Paul: Sensing Autumn (Poetry)
FAMILIES & CHILDREN
2.00 – 3.15 Allison Galbraith: Garden Stories (Storytelling)
3.30 – 4.45 Viv Gee: Families Can be Funny (Comedy)
5.00 – 6.15 Grainne Ronney: Playing with Music (Music and Song)
All workshops are free, registration opens on the day from 1.30pm. Check website for full details.
WILD WORDS: HARVEST DINNER
6.30pm—8.30pm at Fred Paton Centre
HOSTED BY WOODLANDS COMMUNITY GARDEN POP-UP CAFÉ
£6 adults, £3 children. Tickets available on the day.
Feast on a beautiful three course vegetarian and vegan Harvest Dinner,
with tasty seasonal veg cooked by our delicious community café team.
Enjoy performances between courses and keep the creativity and celebration going into the evening.
WILD WORDS is supported by Scottish Book Trust as part of Literature Live.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Woodlands Community Garden
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz Panto at Websters 2019
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Cinderella, Theatre School of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Knives Out GFT
- The Biggest Little Farm GFT
- The Forgotten Screening and Q & A
- In Diamond Square GFT
- Shooting the Mafia, GFT
- Moving Image Makers Collective On The Move CCA
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Pity Party Film Club Urgh! A Music War CCA
- Sunshine on Leith GFT
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA