WestFest Glasgow’s Cultural and Community Festival 2023
The first ever WestFest will take place from Friday 2nd – Sunday 25th June, 2023.
Launch of WestFest Saturday 22 April, 2023
SambaYaBamba and Brass, Aye? will be popping up all over the West End.
Here’s where to catch them:
The festival will deliver a colourful array of high quality, accessible and inclusive events to the West End of Glasgow.
It is anticipated that over 200 events will take place across 60 venues, featuring a colourful mix of concerts, performances, recitals, galas and exhibitions; across music, theatre, comedy and visual art. Expect lots of special highlights such as a talks, authors’ programme and the Make Music Day programme on 21st June.
Free Programme of Community Events
The jewel in the festival’s crown will be the free programme of community events across the West End, such as The Big Sunday at Kelvingrove Bandstand, Vinicombe Street Gala, Bard in the Yard in Kelvingrove Park and Queen Margaret Drive Festival.
In addition look out for fire shows, outdoor ceilidhs, choral events, brass band concerts and lots more free events.
WestFest’s Director is Brendon McIlroy who founded the festival in response to ‘overwhelming demand’ for community and cultural events in the West End, in the absence of former festivals
Brendon says, ‘Its hugely exciting that we are finally able to launch WestFest this year. It’s been four years since there was a proper festival in the West End and after a very challenging few years people need events, arts and culture in their lives more than ever’
As well as their events programme, WestFest has a commitment to outreach and education with a range of workshops and projects planned with community groups and a schools book programme which has been ongoing since October last year.
Anyone who wants to run an event as part of the festival is encouraged please get in touch by completing. Event entry form. Deadline 5 p.m. 17 March, 2023.
Further information on participation including details of WestEnd Hub – launching March, 2023 – it will offer advice to participants.
Filed under: Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, WestFest Glasgow's Cultural and Community Festival, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Perfect Days
- Moments Of Beauty In Glasgow: Walking Tour
- Seeing Glasgow: An Artist’s View – Avril Patron
- Ajay Close Creative Conversations
- Maria Fusco – Creative Conversations
- Eden Communities: Walk, Run, Cycle N. Ireland and East Dunbartonshire Networking Event
- Spring’s Around The Corner – time to check the balcony
- Film Screening – Memory Box (2021) plus discussion
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Red and Black Show at Websters Theatre
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- The 39 Steps, Websters
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Celtic Connections 2024: Transatlantic Sessions
- Books at the Green with Chris Dolan
- Cinemarc: Women’s Work
- Creative Conversations: Donna McLean
- Fundraiser for Medicin Sans Frontieres