Wastepaper Opera and Papaloose present (i) The Opera, Glasgow
For Glasgow International 2018.
25 and 26 Apri, 2018
[Originally performed at Tête-à-Tête: The Opera Festival 2017]
Set in an oppressively happy valley ruled by a mad king and his morose daughter, ‘i’ is a twisted love story about an inventor who teaches his invention how to speak…
Featuring 3D animation, upcycled costumes, live electronic music, and the first ever libretto generated by a neural network!
“This is a supremely creative production, exhilaratingly, wildly original and immaculately stylised.”
– Charlotte Valori (Operissima)
The Art School, 20 Scott Street, Garnethill, Glasgow G3 6EP
Tickets: £7 concession / £10
Waste Paper Opera Company is a collective of artists from Birmingham and beyond, creating experimental, cross-genre music theatre aimed at challenging the preconceptions of opera and bringing it to the most diverse audience possible.
Babaloose is a Glasgow based performance moot designed to work with and encourage emerging artists to experiment beyond the boundaries of theatre, visual arts, and writing.
‘i’ The Opera is supported by Glasgow International 2018, The Art School and WAVEparticle.
This section: Glasgow International, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Cinderella, Pavilion Theatre, Glasgow
- Cinderella at Beacons Art Centre, Greenock
- Cinderella, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Snow White and the Teeny Tiny MacTitches, Mugdock Theatre
- Peter Pan at Eastwood Park Theatre
- Jack and the Beanstalk, The Fort Theatre, Bishopbriggs
- Sing a Song of Sixpence, Panto, Rutherglen Theatre
- Walk on the Weill Side at Cottiers
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- COP26: The Climate Justice Cabaret
- Cottiers Theatre: The Art of Class
- Locust A Chamber Opera at Cottiers
- Climate Change Showcase with Ignite Theatre
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Opening Time – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Artie’s Halloween Singing Kettle at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills