University of Glasgow; Full Day Symposium celebrating Creative Writing
Thursday, 22 April 2021 11 a.m. –4 p.m.
About this Event
Creative Writing at University of Glasgow is applying to become the Centre for Writing and Creative Practice. This Centre will consolidate its cross-disciplinary portfolio of research collaborations, knowledge exchange projects, and teaching practices. Research and knowledge exchange activities already feature a wide range of distinguished writers and creative practitioners, and the creation of the Centre will amplify these world-reaching events and networks. It will provide a platform from which to build and serve as a world-leading Centre for outstanding research, teaching, and knowledge exchange in writing and creative practice. This will include supporting the development of new courses, programmes and projects.
With this in mind, the symposium will celebrate the current position – with speakers pulled from a wide network of writers, writer-researcher academic colleagues and an open call to PGR students to contribute – and to hold discussions that can help shape the Centre moving forward.
This symposium will also feature a keynote from acclaimed British writer, poet and artist Malika Booker.
Full program to be released soon.
This event will be hosted on Zoom and you will be sent a link to attend the meeting once you book on Eventbrite.
- Aye Write 2021 – Brit Bennet chaired by Nicola Sturgeon
- Balloch Open Mic Mental Health Week – May 2021
- Aye Write 2021 – Kicking Off This Weekend
- Living Our Dying – anthology pre-sale launch
- Aye Write 2021 – Mel Giedroyc – debut novel
- Aye Write 2021 introduces Scottish Debuts
- A WORKING CLASS STATE OF MIND by Colin Burnett
- Digging Out A Niche: In Conversation with Graham Lironi and Ian Spring
- Aye Write Programme 2021
- Aye Write 2021 – Helen McClory & Ruth Thomas
- Aye Write 2021 – A City and a Family’s Story of Slavery
- Aye Write 2021 Creative Writing
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Rams at home with Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Trade Union May Day 2021
- Joan Eardley Centenary – Writers Celebrate her work
- Woodlands Anti Racist Community Library Launch
- Africa in Motion – Notions of Citizenship