University of Glasgow; Full Day Symposium celebrating Creative Writing
Thursday, 22 April 2021 11 a.m. –4 p.m.
About this Event
Creative Writing at University of Glasgow is applying to become the Centre for Writing and Creative Practice. This Centre will consolidate its cross-disciplinary portfolio of research collaborations, knowledge exchange projects, and teaching practices. Research and knowledge exchange activities already feature a wide range of distinguished writers and creative practitioners, and the creation of the Centre will amplify these world-reaching events and networks. It will provide a platform from which to build and serve as a world-leading Centre for outstanding research, teaching, and knowledge exchange in writing and creative practice. This will include supporting the development of new courses, programmes and projects.
With this in mind, the symposium will celebrate the current position – with speakers pulled from a wide network of writers, writer-researcher academic colleagues and an open call to PGR students to contribute – and to hold discussions that can help shape the Centre moving forward.
This symposium will also feature a keynote from acclaimed British writer, poet and artist Malika Booker.
Full program to be released soon.
This event will be hosted on Zoom and you will be sent a link to attend the meeting once you book on Eventbrite.
- Glasgow Doors Open Days 2022
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2022
- 50 Pots – Scottish Pottery Exhibition
- Our Stories, Your Stories – Celebrating Memoirs
- WestFest – The Big Weekend
- WOCO Woodlands’ Own Community Festival
- The Making of Alasdair Gray’s Lanark
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day