University of Glasgow; Full Day Symposium celebrating Creative Writing
Thursday, 22 April 2021 11 a.m. –4 p.m.
About this Event
Creative Writing at University of Glasgow is applying to become the Centre for Writing and Creative Practice. This Centre will consolidate its cross-disciplinary portfolio of research collaborations, knowledge exchange projects, and teaching practices. Research and knowledge exchange activities already feature a wide range of distinguished writers and creative practitioners, and the creation of the Centre will amplify these world-reaching events and networks. It will provide a platform from which to build and serve as a world-leading Centre for outstanding research, teaching, and knowledge exchange in writing and creative practice. This will include supporting the development of new courses, programmes and projects.
With this in mind, the symposium will celebrate the current position – with speakers pulled from a wide network of writers, writer-researcher academic colleagues and an open call to PGR students to contribute – and to hold discussions that can help shape the Centre moving forward.
This symposium will also feature a keynote from acclaimed British writer, poet and artist Malika Booker.
Full program to be released soon.
This event will be hosted on Zoom and you will be sent a link to attend the meeting once you book on Eventbrite.
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations