Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
26 September, 2019 9.30 p.m.
Glasgow Cathedral, Castle Street, Glasgow G4 0QZ
At our first-ever GCF late, we descend to the vaulted crypt for a collaboration with Glasgow Experimental Music Series, presenting world premieres by Edwin Hillier and Hunter Coblentz, two young composers at the forefront of the UK’s new music scene.
Lattice (Hunter Coblentz) is composed for four musicians and 27 glasses, tuned to a series of pitches spiralling away from a central key towards infinite space. As performers tilt the singing glasses from side to side, we hear the changes in pitch produce pulsing, fizzing interactions that fill the cavernous space with ethereal, wandering music.
Dhātu (Edwin Hillier) is a spatial composition, scored for two percussionists, three singers, and live electronics. These elements combine to create a constellation of fragile overtones from singing bowls and other metals, bowed and struck by the performers, manipulated by the grainy lo-fi electronics of analogue dictaphones. With the audience surrounded by an immersive speaker setup and performers moving through the space, this late-night performance will be a visceral and unique experience.
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Lavinia Blackwall & Stilton, Lynnie Carson & The Hawking Gimmiks
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Simple Women presented by Femspectives
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Short Film Festival Programme
- Days of the Bagnold Summer Glasgow Film Festival
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Parasite (black and white version announced)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Special Events
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Industry Focus
- Books at the Botanics
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celebrating Women – Fundraiser at Eusebi
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- Campire Club Rousing Rebels, Paisley