Thoroughly Modern Millie, 6 – 11 February, 2017, King’s Theatre
LEADING TELEVISION AND STAGE ACTRESS MICHELLE COLLINS
JOINS THE 2017 UK TOUR OF
BROADWAY’S MULTI AWARD-WINNING MUSICAL COMEDY
THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE
WITH STRICTLY COME DANCING’S JOANNE CLIFTON AS MILLIE
KING’S THEATRE, BATH STREET, ~GLASGOW
MONDAY 6-SATURDAY 11 FEBRUARY 2017
Michelle Collins will join the cast of Thoroughly Modern Millie as Mrs Meers when the award-winning musical arrives in Glasgow as part of a UK tour opening at New Wimbledon Theatre in January.
Michelle, who will be with the show until March 4 2017, has worked extensively in television and theatre for the last 30 years and is perhaps best known for her roles as Cindy Beale in EastEnders and Stella Price in Coronation Street. Her theatre credits include Calendar Girls (West End), The Play What I Wrote (West End), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (UK Tour) and most recently Kindertransport (Chickenshed, London).
The star actress joins Strictly Come Dancing favourite and World Ballroom Showdance Champion and professional dancer Joanne Clifton who will take on the title role of Millie Dillmount, a Kansas girl determined to make it big in New York City. Joanne’s credits include Face the Music, Burn the Floor, Strictly Live Tour and Marilyn Monroe in Norma Jeane Musical.
Winner of six Tony Awards including Best Musical, Thoroughly Modern Millie is based on the 1967 Academy Award-winning film. Taking you back to the height of the Jazz Age in 1920s New York City, when ‘moderns’ including a flapper named Millie Dillmount were bobbing their hair, raising their hemlines, entering the workforce and rewriting the rules of love.
From explosive tap numbers to a ‘Fred and Ginger’ dance routine on a window ledge, and featuring hit songs including Gimme Gimme, Thoroughly Modern Millie and Not for the Life of Me Thoroughly Modern Millie is a brilliantly funny and entertaining show for all the family.
Tickets for Thoroughly Modern Millie are on sale now.
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Mon 6-Sat 11 Feb 2017
Mon-Sat eves, 7.30pm
Wed &Sat mats, 2.30pm
Box Office 0844 871 7648 (bkg fee) Calls cost up to 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge.
www.atgtickets.com/glasgow (bkg fee)
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop