The Scottish Wedding Show 20 – 21 February, 2016. SECC
The Scottish Wedding Show ‘leaps’ back into Glasgow
Picture Nick Ponty 16/2/16
20 – 21 February, 2016
Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, Exhibition Way, Glasgow G3 8YW
Marking the return of The Scottish Wedding Show (20-21 February), ballet dancers took to the banks of the River Clyde last night (16 February) as they helped the show ‘leap’ back into Glasgow – just in time for 29 February.
With the iconic Glasgow skyline lit up in the background, the dancers donned their wedding best and hit picturesque poses to signify the unique tradition of leap year, which sees women from around the country propose to their significant others.
Picture Nick Ponty 16/2/16
Dating back to the 13th century, the tradition is more popular than ever with more than one in 20 women* seizing the initiative and popping the question on 29 February – with time of the essence The Scottish Wedding Show will have rings clearly on display.
With around 300 of the UK’s leading wedding suppliers in attendance, The Scottish Wedding Show is ‘en pointe’ to be the epitome of elegance and style when it comes to planning that special day.
With everyone welcome through the doors and specialists on hand to offer invaluable advice, as well as a whole host of exclusive offers and discounts up for grabs, it’s definitely a date for the diary.
As well as checking out the exhibitors, guests will be treated to dazzling live catwalk shows. Choreographed to perfection they will impress and inspire – from bridal gowns and bridesmaid dresses to suits and kilts, a wide selection of outfits will be showcased.
After a busy day of shopping, the Afternoon Tea Room will offer guests the perfect place to relax. The popular Cocktail Bar, sponsored by Manorview Hotels & Leisure Group, will serve up wedding-inspired cocktails and visitors can also get specialist hair tips and learn about the latest trends at the dedicated Beauty Zone, run this year by the award-winning Donna Martin Hairdressing.
Upgraded tickets are available, giving guests that all-important VIP status as well as exclusive access to the chic VIP Lounge. Sponsored by Fake Bake, guests can expect to receive an exclusive product along with guaranteed fast-track entry and a glass of bubbly to get the excitement flowing.
From champagne and dresses to diamonds and top hats, not a single detail will be overlooked at The Scottish Wedding Show, where you can find the perfect combination for you and your partner.
*As reported in a Nationwide Building Society survey
Advance tickets start at just £10/£36 for a group of four* and all advance ticket visitors will be treated to money-off vouchers to use at the Cocktail Bar & Beauty Zone at the show.
*Advance tickets subject to booking fee. Reduced rates available until Friday 19 February 2016.
This section: Pat's Home Page Blog, Weddings, Weddings Glasgow
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Pre-theatre and Lunch Menu at The Lansdowne
- Princess Mononoke at Studio Ghibli Season GFT
- Merchant City Festival 2019
- Antony and Cleopatra, Websters Theatre
- Edinburgh International Book Festival 2019
- Govanhill International Festival 2019
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Don’t miss the summer sale at Jasmine, Glasgow West End
- The Lansdowne Mother India Tapas review by Pat Byrne
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Wedding Open Nights at Cottiers in July, 2019