The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra in Concert Glasgow Royal Concert Hall Saturday 13th September
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Saturday 13th September 2014 at 7:30pm
The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra’s return to the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall promises to be a fantastic evening filled with lively Scottish jigs and reels, beautiful slow airs, dance and song, and with a measure of stirring pipe music thrown in. This year the orchestra will be commemorating the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn with a new composition by orchestra leader Bill Cook.
Under the baton of Blair Parham, the SFO’s brilliant young conductor, the show will include the orchestra’s own spell-binding musical arrangements and also features a wonderful performance of Blair Douglas’s “Nelson Mandela’s Welcome to the City of Glasgow”.
The SFO will be welcoming back on stage the renowned mezzo-soprano Colette Ruddy and tenor Dennis Haggerty who have delighted audiences all over the country with their wonderful singing and warm personalities, and the SFO is thrilled to be performing with them once again. Add to this the spectacular dancing of Catriona and Marnie Clark from the Myra Shuttleworth School of Dancing, the fabulous piping of the 1st Troon Boys’ Brigade Pipe Band along with the SFO’s own piper, 16 year old Andrew Brodlie, and you are certain of enjoying a wonderful evening’s entertainment!
Once again the host of the show will be the inimitable Jim McColl MBE (BBC’s Beechgrove Garden) who will apply his own unique blend of humour and anecdotes to the night.
The SFO has delighted audiences both in the UK and internationally. This stirring event will appeal to Scottish music enthusiasts and visitors to Scotland alike and will be an absolutely unforgettable evening.
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall,
2 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3NY
Saturday, 13th September 2014 at 7:30pm
Box Office: 0141 353 8000
Tickets: £21, £18, £15, £12 (£5 for under 16’s)
(Booking fee may apply)
Conductor: Blair Parham
Host: Jim McColl (BBC’s Beechgrove Garden)
Guest Artistes: Colette Ruddy (Mezzo-Soprano) and Dennis Haggerty (Tenor)
SFO Piper: Andrew Brodlie
Pipe Band: 1st Troon Boys’ Brigade Pipe Band
Dancers: Myra Shuttleworth School of Dancing
You can also find more information about the SFO online – http://www.sfo.org.uk/
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- October Break Free Food Giveaway Glasgow’s East End
- Sunday Blues Muse at Caffeine
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump