The Only Way is Ethics: Our Dream City Saturday 5 December, 2015
Hosted by The Dream Machine and On the Corner
Saturday 5 December, 2015
3:00pm – 8:00pm
253-257 London Road, Glasgow G40 1PE
Would you like to play a part in building something new and exciting for the communities of Glasgow?
The Only Way is Ethics: Our Dream City is a day of conversation, exploring issues and potential ideas to take forward in our communities. This is a facilitated discussion group, featuring representatives from On the Corner, and each discussion point relates to a different service in which OTC is developing. We are keen to take forward collaborative ideas in the build of our renovation project and we want you to be a part of it!
Entry is free, however we do encourage small donations to help towards building our community space.
Discussions will feature ideas & interactive activities these are listed below:
‘Waste Not Want Not’: using food waste to tackle food poverty
‘Building the Community Fire’: Can dreaming solve our stress and isolation?
‘House of Fun’ – when and why do we forget to play?
Creativity and mental health: Making is Connecting
Head Space: Open forum for ideas
Teas, Coffees & Refreshments will be provided by The Free Lunch Cafe.
In collaboration with The Only Way is Ethics Festival:
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi