The Junkyard Festival, July 29th – 7 August, 2016 Merchant City
July 29th – 31 July and 4 – 7 August, 2016
Bell Street, Merchant City, G4 0TD
The Junkyard is a unique urban festival situated in railway arches close to Glasgow’s Merchant City and iconic Barrowlands. The free festival will run from 29th July – 31st July and 4th Aug – 7th and will showcase Glasgow’s vibrant music, art and cultural scenes.
There will be outdoor and archway bars to chill serving craft beers, local gins and bespoke cocktails.
At the heart of the Junkyard Festival ethos is their musical programming. Glasgow’s current music scene is amongst the best in the world, providing the soundtrack will be a range of local Glasgow artists and dj’s from its diverse and cutting-edge music scene.
The festival is kid & dog friendly with events taking place during the festival.
Artists & Dj’s to be announced. Stay tuned!
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, Merchant City Festival, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT