The Bolshoi Ballet: The Legend of Love GFT Sunday 26 October
Sunday 26 October
The royal apartments of Queen Mekhmene Banu are plunged into mourning – her young sister, Princess Shireen, is dying. The Princess will only be saved if the Queen gives Shireen her beauty. The Queen decides to sacrifice herself, but later regrets her action when she is disfigured and Shireen falls in love with the Queen’s own lover, the painter Ferkhad.
This splendid tale of forbidden love, self-sacrifice, jealousy and suffering returns to the Bolshoi stage after a ten-year absence. The Legend of Love is one of Russian master Yuri Grigorovich’s earliest choreographic works, and its storyline explores the conflict between love and duty through its two heroines.
Featuring dance movements, sets and costumes inspired by the Middle East, this stunning ballet, which uses pure dance to tell the story, is further enriched by the talent of the Bolshoi troupe.
Tickets for this live broadcast cost £20 full price / £15 concession / £13 CineCard holders
12 Rose Street, Glasgow, G3 6RB.
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- It’s A Wonderful Life Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema Glasgow
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- After the Wedding, GFT
- Luce, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub Best of Final Girls Berlin 2019 CCA
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow