The Bodyguard Musical and Themed Karaoke, Theatre Royal
Alexandra Burke will star in The Bodyguard at Theatre Royal
3 – 29 December, 2018
Theatre Royal,282 Hope St, Glasgow G2 3QA
WE WANNA SING WITH SOMEBODY!
THEATRE ROYAL TO HOST “THE BODYGUARD” THEMED KARAOKE AS HIT MUSICAL KICKS OFF UK TOUR IN GLASGOW THIS CHRISTMAS
SING ALONGS WILL TAKE PLACE AFTER EVENING WEEKEND PERFORMANCES AT VENUE’S UPPER CIRCLE BAR
Theatre Royal, Glasgow is to host The Bodyguard-themed karaoke during the hit musical’s four-week run at the venue this Christmas.
Following the success of Mamma Mia! karaoke at Theatre Royal last Christmas, the sing alongs will take place after the 7.30pm performance on Fridays and Saturdays at the venue’s upper circle bar.
Entry is included with the ticket price so if you’ve already booked your seats for a night karaoke is taking place, you’re sorted.
If you’ve yet to book and want to sing all the Whitney hits including Queen of the Night, Run To You, How Will I Know, I Will Always Love You and I Wanna Dance With Somebody, be sure to book for one of the following performances:
Friday 7 December 7.30pm
Saturday 8 December, 7.30pm
Friday 14 December, 7.30pm
Saturday 15 December, 7.30pm
Friday 21 December, 7.30pm
Saturday 22 December, 7.30pm
Friday 28 December, 7.30pm
Saturday 29 December 7.30pm
Grab somebody who loves you and sing the night away!
The Bodyguard, starring Alexandra Burke as Rachel Marron, opens on Monday 3 December and runs until Saturday 29 December, the first dates of an extensive UK tour.
Based on the hit 80s film of the same name, the classic story tells of former Secret Service agent, Frank Farmer, who is hired to protect superstar Rachel Marron from an unknown stalker. They both expect to be in charge, but they don’t expect to fall in love.
Alexandra Burke returns to the role of Rachel Marron following her triumphant run in the show in both the West End and the subsequent sell out UK tour which ran at King’s Theatre in March 2015 to a sold out crowd.
She first rose to fame after winning the fifth series of The X Factor and her debut number one single Hallelujah sold over one million copies in the UK, a first for a British female soloist. She most recently appeared as Svetlana in Chess at the London Coliseum and will soon appear as Roxie in Chicago at the West End’s Phoenix Theatre. Last year she reached the final of Strictly Come Dancing. Her other theatre credits include Deloris Van Cartier in the national tour of the musical Sister Act.
Alexandra Burke will perform the role of Rachel Marron at evening performances only with the exception of evening performances on Thursday 20, Wednesday 26 and Thursday 27 December.
MON 3 – SAT 29 DEC 2018
THEATRE ROYAL, GLASGOW
Buy tickets: www.atgtickets.com/glasgow
0844 871 7647*calls cost up to 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access rate
This section: Christmas in Glasgow, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow
- Connect Choir, Cottiers Theatre
- Christina Bianco – ‘Diva-filled Show’ at Cottiers
- Tron Creative Presents: Table Read 6
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- Underwood Lane by John Byrne, The Tron
- Don’t Stop Me Now, The Tron
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- New Works Festival at Websters Theatre
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- The Three Gospels of Jimmy Reid by Kevin P. Gilday
- Are We Being Deported Now?
- Eight Songs For A Mad King at Cottiers
- The Snow Queen Scottish Ballet
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids