Super Heroes Christmas Exhibition, ProjectAbility 1 – 15 December, 2016
103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
Superheroes for sale!
Our annual Christmas exhibition of 2016 celebrates the brave, the bold and the magical world of Superheroes!
Superman, one of our oldest and most loved superheroes, was created way back in 1933 by two high school students in Ohio. A few years later he acquired his legendary cape, tights and boots and with this new fashion statement he changed the world of the super human persona forever.
The idea of the Superhero quickly began to grow arms, legs, wings, tails and more! We love a good (and bad) superhero, and there are plenty out there to choose from. Come celebrate the idea of the super human, the super natural, and the super powerful Superhero with us this December. Many of the artworks will be for sale; making this your chance to own your own original Superhero, or give a gift of a Superhero for Christmas!
As always, our artists have generously shared their creativity and explored this theme as widely as imaginable. Artists from across all three of our workshops, Create, Aspire and ReConnect, have all been asked to submit works for this show, along with a public call out for submissions out-with Project Ability.
There are paintings, drawings, prints, ceramics, and more on display from 2 – 23 December.
Project Ability’s Superheroes is an inclusive exhibition for artists with different lived experience and ability to come together to celebrate diversity, creativity and the idea of the Superhero. The holiday season is a great time of year to show your support for the work we do by admiring and/or purchasing truly unique artworks for your friends and family. We support the artistic adventures and aspirations of children and young people with disabilities, people with mental ill-health and people with learning disabilities.
In addition to the Superheroes exhibition, our gallery shop will be packed with unique and affordable gift ideas; including bags, cards, paintings, prints, sculptures, brooches and lots more!
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Christmas in Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Her Century – National Library of Scotland