Super Heroes Christmas Exhibition, ProjectAbility 1 – 15 December, 2016
103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
Superheroes for sale!
Our annual Christmas exhibition of 2016 celebrates the brave, the bold and the magical world of Superheroes!
Superman, one of our oldest and most loved superheroes, was created way back in 1933 by two high school students in Ohio. A few years later he acquired his legendary cape, tights and boots and with this new fashion statement he changed the world of the super human persona forever.
The idea of the Superhero quickly began to grow arms, legs, wings, tails and more! We love a good (and bad) superhero, and there are plenty out there to choose from. Come celebrate the idea of the super human, the super natural, and the super powerful Superhero with us this December. Many of the artworks will be for sale; making this your chance to own your own original Superhero, or give a gift of a Superhero for Christmas!
As always, our artists have generously shared their creativity and explored this theme as widely as imaginable. Artists from across all three of our workshops, Create, Aspire and ReConnect, have all been asked to submit works for this show, along with a public call out for submissions out-with Project Ability.
There are paintings, drawings, prints, ceramics, and more on display from 2 – 23 December.
Project Ability’s Superheroes is an inclusive exhibition for artists with different lived experience and ability to come together to celebrate diversity, creativity and the idea of the Superhero. The holiday season is a great time of year to show your support for the work we do by admiring and/or purchasing truly unique artworks for your friends and family. We support the artistic adventures and aspirations of children and young people with disabilities, people with mental ill-health and people with learning disabilities.
In addition to the Superheroes exhibition, our gallery shop will be packed with unique and affordable gift ideas; including bags, cards, paintings, prints, sculptures, brooches and lots more!
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Christmas in Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Storyboard Studios – Filming Glasgow Green 1 December
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting
- CinemARC: Winter Lights
- Snow White and the Seven Maws
- Weegie Hink Ae Panto?
- Winter at Secession Bar, Websters
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Scottish Ballet: Cinders!
- Kelvingrove Christmas Market 2023
- Mother India – Glasgow
- Elf at IMAX Glasgow and Glasgow Science Centre Galleries
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Christmas 2023 – University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- Wasps Winter Market 2023
- Christmas Craft Fayre – Golden Friendships
- Winter Warmer Nights – Sunny Govan Radio
- Christmas Concert, Child Bereavement, Cottiers
- Snow White and the Magic Mirror
- Night Market at Cottiers