Super Heroes Christmas Exhibition, ProjectAbility 1 – 15 December, 2016
103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
Superheroes for sale!
Our annual Christmas exhibition of 2016 celebrates the brave, the bold and the magical world of Superheroes!
Superman, one of our oldest and most loved superheroes, was created way back in 1933 by two high school students in Ohio. A few years later he acquired his legendary cape, tights and boots and with this new fashion statement he changed the world of the super human persona forever.
The idea of the Superhero quickly began to grow arms, legs, wings, tails and more! We love a good (and bad) superhero, and there are plenty out there to choose from. Come celebrate the idea of the super human, the super natural, and the super powerful Superhero with us this December. Many of the artworks will be for sale; making this your chance to own your own original Superhero, or give a gift of a Superhero for Christmas!
As always, our artists have generously shared their creativity and explored this theme as widely as imaginable. Artists from across all three of our workshops, Create, Aspire and ReConnect, have all been asked to submit works for this show, along with a public call out for submissions out-with Project Ability.
There are paintings, drawings, prints, ceramics, and more on display from 2 – 23 December.
Project Ability’s Superheroes is an inclusive exhibition for artists with different lived experience and ability to come together to celebrate diversity, creativity and the idea of the Superhero. The holiday season is a great time of year to show your support for the work we do by admiring and/or purchasing truly unique artworks for your friends and family. We support the artistic adventures and aspirations of children and young people with disabilities, people with mental ill-health and people with learning disabilities.
In addition to the Superheroes exhibition, our gallery shop will be packed with unique and affordable gift ideas; including bags, cards, paintings, prints, sculptures, brooches and lots more!
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Christmas in Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA