SQIFF Shorts Out of the Archives! CCA
Sat 8 February 2020
As part of LGBT History Month Scotland 2020, SQIFF presents a programme of short films looking back into largely unseen and undiscovered aspects of the history of queer Scottish representation in the 20th century.
Featuring archival documentaries and short films by queer filmmakers, the programme will be accompanied by a panel discussion examining whether these films are a fair representation of the past, and asking what they may be able to contribute to an understanding of the future.
Visit the SQIFF website for full programme details.
Captioning, Interpretation & Large Print
All films in the programme have English audio with English language subtitles/captions. Hearing loop available. Films are largely accessible to blind and partially sighted audiences with lots of explanatory dialogue and relatively bright images. Large print versions of handouts available.
CCA has good access for wheelchair users, gender neutral toilets, and welcomes assistance animals. See the CCA Accessibility Guide for more information.
Sliding scale ticketing (pay what you can)
In order to make SQIFF more accessible to those on a low income, SQIFF events are priced according to a sliding scale.
Find out what you should pay: QIFF Sliding Scale Ticket PriceYou won’t be asked for any proof or ID, we just ask that you are honest!
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Cinema, LGBT Glasgow, LGBT History Month
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Aya Films – showcasing new Scottish curatorial talent
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Nae Pasaran – Outdoor Screening East Kilbride
- Winnie Herbstein – Dampbusters at CCA
- Zola at GFT
- Film Festival at Govanhill International Festival
- Fallen Angels, GFT
- Summer of Soul, GFT
- The Letter, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Now, Voyager at GFT
- Josep at GFT
- The Reason I Jump, Access Film Club at GFT