Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
29 November, 2019
SPOT THE SIGNS RENFREWSHIRE,
Human Trafficking Event.
On Friday the 29th November 2019
School Wynd (councilling services auditorium)
6 School Wynd
Starts 10.00 am
Community Groups Art Work Display
My Body My Business – play by Tracy Patrick
A group of local gossips grow suspicious over the secretive comings and goings in a nearby tenement. Meanwhile, a young woman’s fairy tale vision of life in the UK is turning into a nightmare. Will the women be able to help her? My Body, My Business is a thought-provoking portrayal of the issues surrounding sex trafficking.
Human Trafficking, is modern slavery it is happening all over Scotland.
‘We believe that as part of society it is our moral duty to improve the life chances of people affected by Human Trafficking, preventing it happening in the first place, early intervention, identification of individuals ‘at risk’.
‘We are pleased to announce the National Lottery Awards for All have awarded us funding to host the event..
This community discussion and play will highlight the signs of trafficking. Empowering our communities to Spot the signs of trafficking and sign post where they can report.
“Hope for Justice” are our guest speakers
We invited community groups to support the event and they are working together , designing posters and poetry/stories .Their work will be displayed at the event.’
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced
- No Radio Silence – launch of film by Unity Sisters
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants, Carlton Studios
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Snow White and the Teeny Tiny MacTitches, Mugdock Theatre
- Cinderella at Beacons Art Centre, Greenock
- Cinderella, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Glasgow Against Closures
- Cinderella, Pavilion Theatre, Glasgow
- Carols in the Cloisters, University of Glasgow
- Kittlin at Paisley Abbey
- Christmas Festival Finn’s Place
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End