Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
29 November, 2019
SPOT THE SIGNS RENFREWSHIRE,
Human Trafficking Event.
On Friday the 29th November 2019
School Wynd (councilling services auditorium)
6 School Wynd
Starts 10.00 am
Community Groups Art Work Display
My Body My Business – play by Tracy Patrick
A group of local gossips grow suspicious over the secretive comings and goings in a nearby tenement. Meanwhile, a young woman’s fairy tale vision of life in the UK is turning into a nightmare. Will the women be able to help her? My Body, My Business is a thought-provoking portrayal of the issues surrounding sex trafficking.
Human Trafficking, is modern slavery it is happening all over Scotland.
‘We believe that as part of society it is our moral duty to improve the life chances of people affected by Human Trafficking, preventing it happening in the first place, early intervention, identification of individuals ‘at risk’.
‘We are pleased to announce the National Lottery Awards for All have awarded us funding to host the event..
This community discussion and play will highlight the signs of trafficking. Empowering our communities to Spot the signs of trafficking and sign post where they can report.
“Hope for Justice” are our guest speakers
We invited community groups to support the event and they are working together , designing posters and poetry/stories .Their work will be displayed at the event.’
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Ashton Lane Stre-EAT FEST
- Curatorial Tour: Glasgow and Slavery, People’s Palace
- A Day Of Fun Inspired by John Byrne
- National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022