Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
29 November, 2019
SPOT THE SIGNS RENFREWSHIRE,
Human Trafficking Event.
On Friday the 29th November 2019
School Wynd (councilling services auditorium)
6 School Wynd
Starts 10.00 am
Community Groups Art Work Display
My Body My Business – play by Tracy Patrick
A group of local gossips grow suspicious over the secretive comings and goings in a nearby tenement. Meanwhile, a young woman’s fairy tale vision of life in the UK is turning into a nightmare. Will the women be able to help her? My Body, My Business is a thought-provoking portrayal of the issues surrounding sex trafficking.
Human Trafficking, is modern slavery it is happening all over Scotland.
‘We believe that as part of society it is our moral duty to improve the life chances of people affected by Human Trafficking, preventing it happening in the first place, early intervention, identification of individuals ‘at risk’.
‘We are pleased to announce the National Lottery Awards for All have awarded us funding to host the event..
This community discussion and play will highlight the signs of trafficking. Empowering our communities to Spot the signs of trafficking and sign post where they can report.
“Hope for Justice” are our guest speakers
We invited community groups to support the event and they are working together , designing posters and poetry/stories .Their work will be displayed at the event.’
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Cinderella, Theatre School of Scotland
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA
- Alternative Pantos in Glasgow 2019
- Light Up Maryhill
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- Wedding Showcase at Cottiers
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Christmas Fayre House for an Art Lover, Glasgow
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Street Party Ashton Lane
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
- The Greatest Hits, Mental Health Fundraiser
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019