Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
29 November, 2019
SPOT THE SIGNS RENFREWSHIRE,
Human Trafficking Event.
On Friday the 29th November 2019
School Wynd (councilling services auditorium)
6 School Wynd
Starts 10.00 am
Community Groups Art Work Display
My Body My Business – play by Tracy Patrick
A group of local gossips grow suspicious over the secretive comings and goings in a nearby tenement. Meanwhile, a young woman’s fairy tale vision of life in the UK is turning into a nightmare. Will the women be able to help her? My Body, My Business is a thought-provoking portrayal of the issues surrounding sex trafficking.
Human Trafficking, is modern slavery it is happening all over Scotland.
‘We believe that as part of society it is our moral duty to improve the life chances of people affected by Human Trafficking, preventing it happening in the first place, early intervention, identification of individuals ‘at risk’.
‘We are pleased to announce the National Lottery Awards for All have awarded us funding to host the event..
This community discussion and play will highlight the signs of trafficking. Empowering our communities to Spot the signs of trafficking and sign post where they can report.
“Hope for Justice” are our guest speakers
We invited community groups to support the event and they are working together , designing posters and poetry/stories .Their work will be displayed at the event.’
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- The Lucky Sparrow Games Cafe Open Day
- Eight Songs For A Mad King at Cottiers
- Night at the Museum, Burns On Water, University of Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020
- The Snow Queen Scottish Ballet
- Matchbox Cineclub Cage-a-rama 2020
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Canal Festival 2020
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- Christmas Tech Sale at The Dream Machine
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Cinderella, Theatre School of Scotland
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Alternative Pantos in Glasgow 2019
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA