Speak Easy at South Side Fringe with Scottish Writers, 16 May, 2017
Tuesday, 16 May, 2017 – 7 p.m.
Art Village, Festival Centre, Unit 12, Shawlands Shopping Cenre, 104 Kilmarnock Road, G41 3NN
Calling all writers! Dust of those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. Scottish Writers offer an evening of poetry and prose where anything goes!
The Scottish Writers’ Centre is hosting a Speakeasy & Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to come along. Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone, and with rocking themes of the May Celtic Festival of Beltane – ‘Fire and Fertility.’ Beltane celebrates the beginning of summer and the welcoming of the sun’s heat with Bonfires kindled as part of the great Celtic Feast day centred on the fertility of the new season and heralding the beginning of Summer’s renewed spirit with the magical intention of increasing the land’s yield.
In the tradition of Beltane, fan the flames of passion and the fire in your soul, and keep the world alight by sharing your stories. Share your fiery moments to keep the Beltane fires burning throughout May.
It’s going to be an evening to remember! Join us for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action.
The SWC is a registered Charity, SCO40823.
We welcome donations to help Scottish Writers bring future events to you.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary