Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
Sat 7 December 2019
A very special night of music on Saturday 7 th December celebrating the music of Jackie Leven.
Jackie was a Scottish songwriter and folk musician born in 1950 in Fife and sadly died in 2011. Jackie was a larger than life character who made numerous albums. His unique live performances featuring extravagantly embroidered tales and tall tales and a night at a Jackie Leven show was something to cherish.
After starting his career as a folk musician in the late 1960s, he first found success with new wave band Doll by Doll. He later recorded as a solo artist, releasing more than twenty albums under his own name or under the pseudonym Sir Vincent Lone.
To celebrate his work, there will be an evening of his songs and others from a great range of artists who have either played with Jackie or were influenced by him.
On the bill is Andy White, Jinky Gilmour, the Doghouse Roses and Dumb Instrument, plus more who will be performing some of their own and Jackie’s songs. The second half of the show will feature a set led by Deborah Greenwood, Jackie’s partner in life and music, who is assembling a great band for the night including Jinder (Fisherman’s Friends) and many other great musicians.
All profits will be donated to Glasgow based charity Refuweegee
This will be a brilliant night of music and memories.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Celtic Connections 2020 – Fionnuala Boyle
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020
- Breabach @15 Celtic Connections 2020
- Grit Orchestra Opening Concert Celtic Connections 2020
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas