Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
24th September, 2020 at 8pm
There is no ‘ticket price’ to join the gig, but please make a donation of whatever you can to Donations Refuweegee
ZOOM Joining Details
Refuweegee is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Refuweegee Sounds in the SuburbsP
Meeting ID: 997 110 7823
“Refuweegee was set up by Selina Hales in December 2015 to provide a warm welcome to forcibly displaced people arriving in Glasgow. As a result of the amazing response from people in Glasgow and beyond, we have provided over 2000 community-built, personal welcome packs and gained charitable status in September 2016.
The aim is to enable the existing community in extending the friendly welcome that Glasgow is world renowned for*. We do this through our welcome packs, our events and our volunteer opportunities. We try to provide everyone who wishes to get involved with an opportunity to do so; be it through writing a letter, donating essential items, joining us at an event or fundraising.
We work with multiple organisations around Scotland, from our partners who distribute welcome packs through to schools and community organisations looking to do something similar in their area. We love hearing from other individuals, organisations, groups and projects and collaborating wherever we can on the very simple objective of making the world a nicer place to live”
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Aye Write Programme 2021
- Rams at home with Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Trade Union May Day 2021
- Joan Eardley Centenary – Writers Celebrate her work
- Africa in Motion – Notions of Citizenship
- Scottish Communities Climate Action Network Online Meetup
- Maryhill Matters May Day Matters
- The Joan Eardley Centenary Celebration
- Linda Jackson, The Cabinet launch of poetry collection
- Greenpeace Glasgow Group joins nationwide protest against deep sea mining
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Sounds in the Suburbs – One Whole Year of Refuweegee Shows
- Lizzie Reid at Stirling Tolbooth Shindig Online
- Book Launch: America Mules poetry collection by Martina Evans
- University of Glasgow; Full Day Symposium celebrating Creative Writing
- Beyond the Visible: Hilma af Klint – GFT AT Home
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- World Book Night with Denise Mina