Sleaford Mods, CCA screening and Q and A
Sleaford Mods – Invisible Britain
Wednesday 10 April 2019
Sleaford Mods – Invisible Britain shows the most relevant and uncompromising British band in years sticking two fingers up to the zeitgeist and articulating the rage and desperation of those without a voice in austerity Britain. Part band doc, part look at the state of the nation, the film features individuals and communities attempting to find hope among the ruins, against a blistering soundtrack by Sleaford Mods.
The film has inspired a book, Invisible Britain: Portraits of Hope and Resilience, which reveals untold stories from people who have been left out of the media narrative and left behind by government policy. Featuring the work of accomplished documentary photographers, the book shows how an unprecedented world of austerity, de-industrialisation and social upheaval is affecting us all.
Following the screening there will be a Q&A with director/editor Paul Sng, photographers Gina Lundy, Kirsty Mackay & Margaret Mitchell, and Billy McMillan & Marie McCormack who feature in the book.
Copies of Invisible Britain: Portraits of Hope and Resilience will be available to purchase at the event. Signed copies will be available.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Cinema
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- After the Wedding, GFT
- Luce, GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub Best of Final Girls Berlin 2019 CCA
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- Meeting Gorbachev GFT
- CineCard Preview: The Report GFT
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Sorry We Missed You, GFT
- Migrant Voice Feel at Home Short Films
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA