Sleaford Mods, CCA screening and Q and A
Sleaford Mods – Invisible Britain
Wednesday 10 April 2019
Sleaford Mods – Invisible Britain shows the most relevant and uncompromising British band in years sticking two fingers up to the zeitgeist and articulating the rage and desperation of those without a voice in austerity Britain. Part band doc, part look at the state of the nation, the film features individuals and communities attempting to find hope among the ruins, against a blistering soundtrack by Sleaford Mods.
The film has inspired a book, Invisible Britain: Portraits of Hope and Resilience, which reveals untold stories from people who have been left out of the media narrative and left behind by government policy. Featuring the work of accomplished documentary photographers, the book shows how an unprecedented world of austerity, de-industrialisation and social upheaval is affecting us all.
Following the screening there will be a Q&A with director/editor Paul Sng, photographers Gina Lundy, Kirsty Mackay & Margaret Mitchell, and Billy McMillan & Marie McCormack who feature in the book.
Copies of Invisible Britain: Portraits of Hope and Resilience will be available to purchase at the event. Signed copies will be available.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Cinema
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT
- Cinemasters at GFT: Quentin Tarantino
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA