Sleaford Mods, CCA screening and Q and A
Sleaford Mods – Invisible Britain
Wednesday 10 April 2019
Sleaford Mods – Invisible Britain shows the most relevant and uncompromising British band in years sticking two fingers up to the zeitgeist and articulating the rage and desperation of those without a voice in austerity Britain. Part band doc, part look at the state of the nation, the film features individuals and communities attempting to find hope among the ruins, against a blistering soundtrack by Sleaford Mods.
The film has inspired a book, Invisible Britain: Portraits of Hope and Resilience, which reveals untold stories from people who have been left out of the media narrative and left behind by government policy. Featuring the work of accomplished documentary photographers, the book shows how an unprecedented world of austerity, de-industrialisation and social upheaval is affecting us all.
Following the screening there will be a Q&A with director/editor Paul Sng, photographers Gina Lundy, Kirsty Mackay & Margaret Mitchell, and Billy McMillan & Marie McCormack who feature in the book.
Copies of Invisible Britain: Portraits of Hope and Resilience will be available to purchase at the event. Signed copies will be available.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Cinema
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- International Mother Language Day 21 February 2021
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival Online 2021
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- In Conversation with Dean Atta and gainAgain
- Breaking Boundaries: Main Reading Vahni Capildeo and Mark Waldron
- More premieres and guests announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- New Poetries VIII – Online Launches
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Book Launch: The Stone in My Pocket by Matthew Keeley
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 Truman and Tennessee
- GFT – Away
- Baby Done, GFT at Home
- Creative Conversations: Scarlett Thomas
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid