Sleaford Mods, CCA screening and Q and A
Sleaford Mods – Invisible Britain
Wednesday 10 April 2019
Sleaford Mods – Invisible Britain shows the most relevant and uncompromising British band in years sticking two fingers up to the zeitgeist and articulating the rage and desperation of those without a voice in austerity Britain. Part band doc, part look at the state of the nation, the film features individuals and communities attempting to find hope among the ruins, against a blistering soundtrack by Sleaford Mods.
The film has inspired a book, Invisible Britain: Portraits of Hope and Resilience, which reveals untold stories from people who have been left out of the media narrative and left behind by government policy. Featuring the work of accomplished documentary photographers, the book shows how an unprecedented world of austerity, de-industrialisation and social upheaval is affecting us all.
Following the screening there will be a Q&A with director/editor Paul Sng, photographers Gina Lundy, Kirsty Mackay & Margaret Mitchell, and Billy McMillan & Marie McCormack who feature in the book.
Copies of Invisible Britain: Portraits of Hope and Resilience will be available to purchase at the event. Signed copies will be available.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Cinema
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT
- Never Gonna Snow Again, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The French Dispatch, GFT
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre