The Skids and From The Jam Kelvingrove Bandstand 17 June, 2018
17 June, 2018 7 p.m.
The Skids are a Scottish punk/ rock band formed in 1977. Their biggest success was the single titled ‘Into the Valley’, ‘Masquerade’, ‘Working For The Yankee Dollar’, ‘Sweet Surburbia’, ‘The Saints Are Coming’ and more.
They released their first album in 35 years, “Burning Cities” in 2017.
Current line-up is Richard Jobson, Mike Baillie, Bruce Watson, Jamie Watson and Bill Simpson.
Founder Stuart Adamson went on to form Big Country before sadly passing away in 2001.
Kelvingrove Bandstand, Kelvin Way, Glasgow G12 8NR
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow
- The Great Western Festival of Musical Exploration and Discovery
- East End Free Festival Glasgow