Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli
8 March, 2019
The Glad Cafe (Glad Cafe drawing by Art by Arjo)
A night of story, song, tears and laughter celebrating, honouring and discovering the wonderful people who identify as women.
In recognition of International Women’s day musicians, comedians and poets join singer-songwriter Chiara Berardelli who launches her one woman show Seamonster, the Story about her experience of being childless not by choice and her quest for being ok with that.
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
All proceeds go to the Ubuntu Women’s Shelter
Ubuntu Women’s Shelter
Is a Glasgow based charity dedicated to meeting emergency and short term accommodation needs of women who are destitute with no recourse to public funds. We are the first service in the UK run and managed by people with lived experience of migration, asylum and destitution. We are in direct resistance to the hostile environment and have an ethos of no borders and refuse to consent to the current border regime.
Our services include hosting women, referrals and advocacy and are designed to meet the unique emotional and psychological needs of women excluded from homelessness and welfare services and housing. We welcome women with failed asylum claim, who have been granted refugee status but destitute and awaiting support and housing.
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre