Seven New Strawberries – Book Launch
Monday, 16 November 2020 7.30 p.m. – 8.30 p.m.
Scottish Universities’ International Summer School (SUISS) is proud to present Seven New Strawberries: seven new translations of Edwin Morgan’s poem ‘Strawberries’ into seven world languages. Together, and with the translators’ accompanying commentaries, they present a remarkable insight into the practice of literary translation and a celebration of one of Scotland’s best-loved poems.
Herschelle John Benjamin, Ting Huang, Russell Jones, Svietoslava Myloradovych, Inbal Saggiv Nakdimon, Petra Pugar & Anna Visser
Celebrate the launch of the anthology with a reading from poet Russell Jones, a Q&A with literary translator and mastermind behind the project Anna Visser, and an open discussion with some of the contributors to the volume.
The event is FREE on Zoom but please register in advance via the EventBrite – you will receive the Zoom link in advance of the event!
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced