Sculptor to create Mary Barbour Statue has been announced.
(Photo by Eddie Middleton)
Andrew Brown is the name of the successful sculptor chosen to create the statue of Mary Barbour.
The Remember Mary Barbour Association (RMBA) said:
“The successful sculptor was announced from the stage of the hugely successful Gala Concert in Glasgow’s Old Fruitmarket, on 21 February.2016.
Maria Fyfe, Chair of the Remember Mary Barbour Association (RMBA) said in announcing the winner
“When the public in Glasgow saw the designs, there was support for all five of them. But the widest support was expressed for the one we announce tonight, and the Remember Mary Barbour Association endorse their choice.
This sculptor’s intention was to present Mary Barbour, for now and for generations to come, in a way that captures the achievement for which she is best known. The day in November 1915, when she led a 20-thousand-strong protest through the streets of Glasgow to the Sheriff Court and won the victory.
Congratulations to Andrew Brown!”
The successful design along with the four others shortlisted can be seen on the Facebook page.
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Her Century – National Library of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Lindisfarne at Cottiers
- Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11