Sculptor to create Mary Barbour Statue has been announced.
(Photo by Eddie Middleton)
Andrew Brown is the name of the successful sculptor chosen to create the statue of Mary Barbour.
The Remember Mary Barbour Association (RMBA) said:
“The successful sculptor was announced from the stage of the hugely successful Gala Concert in Glasgow’s Old Fruitmarket, on 21 February.2016.
Maria Fyfe, Chair of the Remember Mary Barbour Association (RMBA) said in announcing the winner
“When the public in Glasgow saw the designs, there was support for all five of them. But the widest support was expressed for the one we announce tonight, and the Remember Mary Barbour Association endorse their choice.
This sculptor’s intention was to present Mary Barbour, for now and for generations to come, in a way that captures the achievement for which she is best known. The day in November 1915, when she led a 20-thousand-strong protest through the streets of Glasgow to the Sheriff Court and won the victory.
Congratulations to Andrew Brown!”
The successful design along with the four others shortlisted can be seen on the Facebook page.
- Carols in the Cloisters
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Coorie In at Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- Christmas Come and Sing, University of Glasgow Choir
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Panto: A Crackin Cinderella Story at Websters
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- White Christmas – Andre Rieu
- Eileen at GFT
- We Dare To Dream + Q and A at GFT
- Preview: Earth Mama plus Q and A
- Maestro at GFT
- Fallen Leaves
- Elf at IMAX Glasgow and Glasgow Science Centre Galleries
- Cinemasters: Powell and Pressburger GFT
- Take 2: Trolls Band Together
- Oppenheimer at GFT 70mm
- It’s a Wonderful Life GFT
- Arthur’s Christmas Tale in aid of Shelter Scotland
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting