Saturday Something: More than A Market! *Halloween Launch* Sat, Oct 31, 2015 10:00 – 4:00 On the Corner
Saturday, October 31, 2015
10:00 – 4:00
On the Corner
Hello One and All! from On the Corner
After many chats over many cups of Tea with our team, we have decided to revamp our what was formally Market on the Corner, to make way for something a bit more frequent in nature….
So without further ado, we give to you…
Saturday Something! Saturday Something is an affordable day out for all ages, shapes and sizes. Every saturday, we are here, our doors are open – and whatever the weather, theres always something happening!
Saturday Something is launching on Saturday 31st October – as a Halloweeeeen Special.
We still have all the elements of our Market on the Corner event, with that little added something! lots of lovely stalls, services and workshop areas available – so why not try your hand at something new, learn about different services happening in the Glasgow area or buy yourself or a loved one a wee gift.
As well as the stalls we will also have our OTC bric-a-brac shop, a place where bargains are a plenty and all money raised goes back into the renovation of our Community Centre.
We also have our Kids Play Cafe – a place to grab a cuppa and a bite to eat (all at a pay as you feel rate)
Here are some of the folks you can expect to meet:
DREAM MACHINE SCOTLAND
The Dream Machine are a social enterprise based right here in our On the Corner community space. Using a creative fusion of Audio and Visual displays, The Dream Machine create ambient sensory immersion experiences, allowing participants to enter a safe and soothing space, where they can relax, play and create. The Dream Room will be transformed into an all day party zone for this months Halloween addition, so pop next door if you fancy a dance!
Event on Facebook
FREE LUNCH CAFE
There’s no such thing as a Free Lunch Cafe are a donations based cafe, who will be providing lots of yummy goodies at a ‘pay what you feel’ rate. Soups, smoothies and banana bread are some of the things you can expect to taste come this Halloween! yum!
Treemendus redesign vintage furniture with funky paints, geometric patterns and shapes. The Treemendus girls will be selling a collection of their unique and quirky pieces as well as the materials for you to DIY at home! They will be running ‘Upcycle your Frames’ workshop, so you can take part and learn paint techniques!
Creating Space will also be selling a range of homemade bath bombs and aromatherapy kits, as well as running a build your own bath bomb workshop.
An organisation all about Connecting people with plants for health and well being. Come down and chat with their in house Herbologist about any bodily aches n pains – reconnecting with mother earth might be just the ticket for you.
CONCRETE GARDEN’S SWAP SHOP
Got an old jacket, shirt or pair of shoes that you wouldn’t mind swapping for something new? The Swap Shop allows you to bring an item of clothing in to swap for something new!
Open to all Members of the Community
10am – 4pm Saturday 31st October
We puuuureee canni wait!!!!
Thankyou and see you there, from the On the Corner team.x
On The Corner Facebook
On the Corner
253-257 London Road, Glasgow G40 1PE
One response to “Saturday Something: More than A Market! *Halloween Launch* Sat, Oct 31, 2015 10:00 – 4:00 On the Corner”
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Vinicombe Street Gala
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2022
- Aye Write: MORE FIYA: A Celebration of Black British Poetry with Kayo Chingonyi, Janette Ayachi and Dean Atta
- 21st Anniversary of the Millennium Link – Maryhill Locks
- Aye Write 2022: Introducing Debut Authors
- Aye Write: Douglas Bruton introduces…Kenny Boyle, Claire Alexander, Adrian Keefe and Charlie Roy
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell Introduces… Kirsty Capes, Louise Nealon and Emily Edwards
- Aye Write: Matthew Keeley Introduces… Liam Konemann, Julie Owen Moylan and James Cahill
- The Great May Day Cabaret at OranMor
- Plant Sale supporting Christian Aid
- Wee Write 2022
- 20 Years of Oxfam Music
- Earth Day 2022 at Music Broth