Robin Trower + Joanne Shaw Taylor Sat 4 Apr 2015
+ Joanne Shaw Taylor
Sat 4 Apr 2015 | 7pm – 10pm | £22.50 + £2.25 BF & £1.50 TF (Web Only) | 18
The Arches, 253 Argye St, G2 8DL
British rock guitarist and vocalist Robin Trower returns to the UK with a brand new studio album and a nationwide UK tour in 2015, which follows 2013’s critically acclaimed Roots and Branches album.
Widely heralded as one of the most influential guitar players to come out of the British Blues Rock scene, Trower began his career as a founder member of The Paramounts in the 1960s, and then as a member of Procul Harum. He played on their first five albums, before going on to form one of the UK’s first ‘power trios’ – the Robin Trower Band. Compared to Jimi Hendrix in the 1970s for his intense, virtuosic guitar playing, he has become a key figure in the history of British rock’s golden era, keeping the Robin Trower Band going through multiple lineup changes and consistently producing new and innovative work.
Playing his trademark Fender Stratocaster, Prower creates unearthly, soaring sounds with his masterful playing. With no fewer than 19 albums to his name since his 1974 debut with the Robin Trower Band, not counting his stints with Procul Harum, and as a session player and collaborator with artists such as Jack Bruce and Bryam Ferry, Trower has an extensive back catalogue to draw upon. He is an iconic figure in the guitar playing world, widely admired as one of the true innovators of the rock and blues genres. From the classic 1974 album Bridge of Sighs to his latest work, he remains a much-admired and seminal figure. Don’t miss this chance to catch Trower in concert as he comes to The Arches for a very special one-off gig, as part of his ongoing world tour this April.
We are delighted to announce that Robin’s special guest will be Joanne Shaw Taylor.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment
- Dave Arcari Live Concert Live Stream
- For the Love of Scotland fundraiser for Masks for Scotland
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Howlin’ Radio at Finsbay Glasgow West End
- Seven Song Club The Tron Duncan McCrone
- Pete Case and Sid Griffin, Nice n Sleazy
- Country Funk Fridays – Reopening Tennent’s Bar Basement
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Lavinia Blackwall & Stilton, Lynnie Carson & The Hawking Gimmiks
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- Thank Funk It’s Valentine’s Day
- Celtic Connections 2020 Auld Lang Syne Concert review and photos Pauline Keightley
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls