Renata Rosa, Cottiers
9 Aug 2018 – 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
A rare visit to the UK for this deeply expressive Brazilian singer- songwriter and her band. Renata plays the rabeca, a fiddle from Northeastern Brazil and northern Portugal, and calls it her ‘second voice’. With it she delves into polyphonic harmonies and unearths musical influences from many sources: European, African, Arab and indigenous Brazilian. Traditions and rhythms abound in a vibrant energetic performance. Nominated for Songlines Best Artist Award 2018, Renata’s joyful voice and masterful handling of the rabeca, accompanied by lively percussion make this a performance not to be missed!
With self-penned and traditional songs, Josie also performs as a soloist, self-accompanying on the clarsach (celtic harp). Her approach to song offers many nods to the traditional but always feels modern, with a voice which is somehow delicately soft and yet rich and powerful at the same time. Josie has toured extensively over the past year performing at venues and festivals across Europe, Scandinavia, Canada and America.
This is a seated event.
Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
Please note, our box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Tickets are also available from other suppliers. If Cottiers’ allocation of tickets is sold out, it may still be possible to purchase from other ticket vendors. Please check online for more information.
5 Hyndland St
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow
- The Great Western Festival of Musical Exploration and Discovery