Renata Rosa, Cottiers
9 Aug 2018 – 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
A rare visit to the UK for this deeply expressive Brazilian singer- songwriter and her band. Renata plays the rabeca, a fiddle from Northeastern Brazil and northern Portugal, and calls it her ‘second voice’. With it she delves into polyphonic harmonies and unearths musical influences from many sources: European, African, Arab and indigenous Brazilian. Traditions and rhythms abound in a vibrant energetic performance. Nominated for Songlines Best Artist Award 2018, Renata’s joyful voice and masterful handling of the rabeca, accompanied by lively percussion make this a performance not to be missed!
With self-penned and traditional songs, Josie also performs as a soloist, self-accompanying on the clarsach (celtic harp). Her approach to song offers many nods to the traditional but always feels modern, with a voice which is somehow delicately soft and yet rich and powerful at the same time. Josie has toured extensively over the past year performing at venues and festivals across Europe, Scandinavia, Canada and America.
This is a seated event.
Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
Please note, our box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Tickets are also available from other suppliers. If Cottiers’ allocation of tickets is sold out, it may still be possible to purchase from other ticket vendors. Please check online for more information.
5 Hyndland St
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Country Funk Fridays – Reopening Tennent’s Bar Basement
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Lavinia Blackwall & Stilton, Lynnie Carson & The Hawking Gimmiks
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- Thank Funk It’s Valentine’s Day
- Celtic Connections 2020 Auld Lang Syne Concert review and photos Pauline Keightley
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections 2020 – Fionnuala Boyle
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020
- Breabach @15 Celtic Connections 2020
- Grit Orchestra Opening Concert Celtic Connections 2020
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party