Radical Film Network and Unconference Glasgow 29 April – 2 May, 2016
A unique and innovative constellation of events
April 29 – May 2, 2016
Over the 2016 May Day holiday weekend (29 April to 2 May), Glasgow will host the Radical Film Network festival and unconference.
This unique and innovative constellation of events brings together the collective efforts of activists, academics, and cultural workers from over twenty Scottish-based organisations engaged with radical film culture. It will build on the 2015 inaugural conference of the Radical Film Network in Birmingham which explored alternative film cultures and political cinema in the 21st century.
In 2015 initial steps were taken to open up spaces for discussion involving academics and participants in film culture. Grounding itself in Scotland’s vibrant radical film culture, the 2016 unconference and festival will allow questions and ideas to be explored beyond the conventional boundaries of academic events and film festivals.
CCA, STUC, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Women’s Library, Govanhill Baths, Flourish House and Glasgow Film Theatre.
More details available at: http://rfnscotland.org/
- Glasgow Against Closures
- Carols in the Cloisters, University of Glasgow
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- George Wylie Centenary Exhibition
- Kittlin at Paisley Abbey
- Starry Skies at CCA
- Christmas Festival Finn’s Place
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- C’mon, C’mon at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre December Programme 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Songwriting Circle at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Christmas Jazz and Tea, Tchai Ovna
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- Read In to Celebrate St Andrew’s Day White Inch Library
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Bay Inn Bowling – Annual Christmas Quiz
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Christmas Evil (1980) – screening Old Hairdresser’s