Piping Live Glasgow 10 – 16 August, 2015
Piping Live Glasgow
10 – 16 August, 2015
Celebrate the international diversity of the bagpipes
Artists from all corners of the globe will showcase their traditions and musical heritage in the Glenfiddich Tent at George Square as part of our Music of the Nations series.
A range of events to entertain all the family.
On Thursday 13 August, you can see Balázs Istvánfi Duo from Hungary.
Bring your little ones along to our Early Years Morning in The National Piping Centre on Tuesday 11th August for a fun-filled journey through song, music, storytelling and dance! Sponsored by Balmore Kindergarten. Family Fun Day
Looking for something different to do with the kids before they go back to school next week? Come along to our Family Friendly Come and Try session to learn the basics of the bagpipes and have a go at playing them!
Our Street Café will host the Wallace Bagpipes Showcase at 2pm on Thursday 13th August, featuring the Balagan Pipe Band, a new Grade 2 Band from Denmark. Have a look and listen to the video below to see what’s in store! Live at the Street Cafe
All set for the most fiercely contested event of the piping competition season? We are, of course, talking about the Piping Live! Pub Quiz… Get your team together and join us in The National Piping Centre Auditorium at 4.30pm on Wednesday 12th August to put your piping knowledge to the test: Piping Live Quiz.
We’ve teamed up with Dry Drone to bring you this year’s Festival Club, featuring performances from some of the most exciting acts at this year’s Piping Live. Starting each week night at 10pm, our Festival Club (Upstairs in the Piping Centre) is the perfect place to meet up with old friends, so be sure to join us for great music, great company and great drinks!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Ashton Lane Stre-EAT FEST
- Curatorial Tour: Glasgow and Slavery, People’s Palace
- A Day Of Fun Inspired by John Byrne
- National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022
- Roma Sisters Together – Govanhill International Festival
- A Musical Walking Tour of John Maclean’s Pollokshaws
- Take 2: The Jungle Book at Glasgow Film Theatre