Peaches Christ’s BEAR-BARELLA starring Lady Bear & Peaches Christ GFT, Friday 10 October, 2014
Peaches Christ’s BEAR-BARELLA starring Lady Bear & Peaches Christ
GFT, 12 Rose Street
Friday 10 October, 2014
San Francisco drag superstar, filmmaker, and cult (movie) leader Peaches Christ returns to the UK with an out-of-this world event celebrating the 1968 sci-fi masterpiece Barbarella, directed by Roger Vadim. Jane Fonda got her first workout (sans spacesuit!) during the opening credits of this campy, widescreen space opera about a sexy, 41st-century adventuress.
But Peaches Christ isn’t merely screening the film, she’s inviting you to join her and her cast of drag aliens for a fully immersive and interactive experience when she presents her stage-show parody ‘Bear-barella’ – happening live at GFT! Starring San Francisco’s own Lady Bear in the title role, a larger than life queen who’s tasked with saving the Queerniverse from a wicked, knife wielding villainous, ‘The Great Tired’, played by Peaches herself. Additional roles will be filled by fellow San Francisco bon-vivants Hugz Bunny and Shemantha, UK performers the Ultra Violets, Cheddar Gawjus and Anna Phylactic. Joining them will be some of Glasgow’s finest drag talent, led by drag club MENERGY’s overlord Guillotina Munter.
Ms. Christ would like to strongly encourage audience members to dress up in their best Barbarella inspired couture and begin practicing for the Orgasmatron Challenge where Peaches will be inviting the best dressed attendees up onstage for the chance to be publicly pleasured.
The original 1968 film will screen after the pre-show performance.
This event is part of the nationwide BFI Sci-Fi season ‘Days of Fear and Wonder’ and is supported by Film Hub NWC, proud to be a partner of the Film Audience Network. Produced by Bren O’Callaghan in collaboration with Outburst Queer Arts Festival Belfast, New Media Scotland, Glasgow Film Theatre and Cornerhouse, Manchester.
Tickets cost £12 full price / £10 concession / £11/9 CineCard holders
GFT, 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- September Programme at G.FT.
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Make Up, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Re-opening Programme
- “Trainspotting The Italian Chapter” madness or success beyond the borders
- White Riot, Govanhill International Festival
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Take One Action 2020
- Edinburgh Festivals Past 1954 – 1969
- Glasgow Short Film Festival Online