Outskirts Festival, Saturday 23 April, 2016 – Platform, Glasgow
Saturday, April 23 at 12 PM – 10 PM
1000 Westerhouse Road, Glasgow G34 9JW
#Outskirtsfestival returns in April 2016 with an impressive line-up of artists representing music, spoken word, film and moving image, visual arts, aerial performance and family events.
This year Outskirts is collaborating with Glasgow International 2016 to present a mixed programme of work from Artist Mandy McIntosh, Mega Hammer (a pop-up event from a collection of artists including Marvin Gaye Chetwynd & Jedrzej Cichosz) and Bitter Rose – a nomadic installation that invites audiences to join them on a walk from #Bridgeton to #Easterhouse.
-The 2016 Full Line up and online tickets to be announced very soon!- Confirmed acts so far include:
The 2015 Scottish Album of the Year winner Kathryn Joseph teams up with The Twilight Sad singer James Graham for a unique collaboration.
Glasgow-based “laboratory theatre company” Company of Wolves present ‘A Brief History of Evil’.
Ringside a one on one aerial performance from Ellie Dubois.
Acclaimed jazz duo Herschel 36 perform a specially commissioned score for Wunder der Schöpfung, the ground-breaking silent documentary.
Matthew Bourne performs Moogmemory, accompanied by visual artist Michael England’s moving images- checkout the trailer below
“We called the festival Outskirts as it’s a really good description of everything the day is and wants to achieve. The performances and events programmed aren’t easily categorised and the artists creating them are working outside the mainstream. Geographically, Platform is located on the outskirts of Glasgow too and we are keen to offer our local audience quality work that feels different and unique”. Festival co-curator Matt Addicott
Filed under: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, Kids and young people, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA