Outskirts Festival, Saturday 23 April, 2016 – Platform, Glasgow
Saturday, April 23 at 12 PM – 10 PM
1000 Westerhouse Road, Glasgow G34 9JW
#Outskirtsfestival returns in April 2016 with an impressive line-up of artists representing music, spoken word, film and moving image, visual arts, aerial performance and family events.
This year Outskirts is collaborating with Glasgow International 2016 to present a mixed programme of work from Artist Mandy McIntosh, Mega Hammer (a pop-up event from a collection of artists including Marvin Gaye Chetwynd & Jedrzej Cichosz) and Bitter Rose – a nomadic installation that invites audiences to join them on a walk from #Bridgeton to #Easterhouse.
-The 2016 Full Line up and online tickets to be announced very soon!- Confirmed acts so far include:
The 2015 Scottish Album of the Year winner Kathryn Joseph teams up with The Twilight Sad singer James Graham for a unique collaboration.
Glasgow-based “laboratory theatre company” Company of Wolves present ‘A Brief History of Evil’.
Ringside a one on one aerial performance from Ellie Dubois.
Acclaimed jazz duo Herschel 36 perform a specially commissioned score for Wunder der Schöpfung, the ground-breaking silent documentary.
Matthew Bourne performs Moogmemory, accompanied by visual artist Michael England’s moving images- checkout the trailer below
“We called the festival Outskirts as it’s a really good description of everything the day is and wants to achieve. The performances and events programmed aren’t easily categorised and the artists creating them are working outside the mainstream. Geographically, Platform is located on the outskirts of Glasgow too and we are keen to offer our local audience quality work that feels different and unique”. Festival co-curator Matt Addicott
Filed under: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, Kids and young people, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop