Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
Meetings & Fresh Beginnings in Movement with Penny Chivas
10 July – 14 August, 2020
Boost Your Health and Confidence – Free Events
During July and August Woodlands Community will pilot a number of ‘socially distanced’ outdoor activities at their Workspace Terrace. These free events have been designed to help boost your health, confidence and to reconnect you with other local people. All events are free but you must register in advance to book your space. Covid-19 secure guidelines are in place to help keep you safe.
These morning sessions will include some gentle movements to lengthen, loosen and fee, simple exercises around rhythm, leading and following, and borrowing movements from others.
These classes are designed to keep with physical distance and yet connect and work together again in a supportive environment. You can just book for individual sessions, although participants are encouraged to come for all six and build a collaborative movement group. No prior dance experience required and emphasis will be on using movement to build connections.
As best as possible in current times, classes are inclusive, please do get in touch with any specific needs. Do come dressed appropriately for the Scottish summer weather! Participants will be informed of cancellations due to weather by email by 10am the morning of the class. Each week the re-schedule date will be Saturday morning from 10:30 – 11:30am.
(Photo Paulo Moura)
Glasgow based dance artist, Penny Chivas has long been involved in movement and dance in Scotland. Penny co-founded @TheGlasgowJam and supported the development of the jam scene in Scotland for four years, as well as receiving funding from Creative Scotland to mentor jam facilitators under the “New Jammers” programme. She is also a founding member of ICEBERG, and a part of the Radio Babel group based in Europe. As a performer, she has worked with Vanessa Grasse (Mesh), Brian Hartley, Ian Spink, Scottish Opera and Julia McGhee amongst others which includes both British and International touring. Penny is a graduate of WAAPA and VCA (Australia), and has just completed her first year on the MEd course at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. Additionally, as a facilitator she has taught in varying circumstances – from working in Iran, China, to dancing with Refuweegees,
The sessions are being offered free through Woodlands Community Development Trust. Donations gratefully received – donate here.
Please read through all COVID-19 Secure Guidelines in the registration form.
By registering for this event you are acknowledging that you are aware of and agree to the following guidelines related to COVID-19 and the use of the Woodlands Community Outdoor Terrace space.
This section: Classes and Workshops, Coronavirus, Dance, Pat's Home Page Blog, Woodlands Community Garden
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Vinicombe Street Gala 2021
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021
- Al Fresco Dining Glasgow West End
- Wellbeing Walks Woodlands Community Glasgow
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Slow Nature Walk, Woodlands Community
- Aye Write 2021 – Brit Bennett chaired by Nicola Sturgeon
- Aye Write 2021 – How To Stop Fascism, Paul Mason
- Aye Write 2021 – Welcome Home Shuggie Bain
- Composting and food waste reduction workshop
- Wee Write Family Day 2021 Online
- Greater Glasgow Climate Action Network
- Balloch Open Mic Mental Health Week – May 2021
- Aye Write 2021 – Kicking Off This Weekend
- Aye Write 2021 – Mel Giedroyc – debut novel
- Aye Write Programme 2021
- Aye Write 2021 Creative Writing
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Little Garden Baby Group – Woodlands Community