Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
15 January, 2021 – 7.30 p.m.
Celebrate the Opening of Celtic Connections 2021, with sets from some of the very best musicians on both the Scottish and international music scenes. With over 12 performances packed into the 90-minute show including the Celtic Connections 2021 Big Band, Duncan Chisholm with Scottish Ensemble, Ímar, Fiona Hunter, Kinnaris Quintet, Le Vent du Nord and many more surprise guests, the footage has been recorded across many of Glasgow’s venues as well as captured remotely across the world, bringing a true feeling of optimism and connections as it welcomes back so many musicians who have graced the festival stages across the years.
*This performance will be available to watch for one week after the live date (until 22 Jan 2021) to accommodate different time zones.
This performance is included in the Celtic Connections 2021 festival pass, so you will not need to purchase this event if you have already purchased a pass.
- Aye Write 2021 – Brit Bennet chaired by Nicola Sturgeon
- Aye Write 2021 – Kicking Off This Weekend
- Living Our Dying – anthology pre-sale launch
- Aye Write 2021 – Mel Giedroyc – debut novel
- Aye Write 2021 introduces Scottish Debuts
- Digging Out A Niche: In Conversation with Graham Lironi and Ian Spring
- Aye Write Programme 2021
- Aye Write 2021 – Helen McClory & Ruth Thomas
- Aye Write 2021 – A City and a Family’s Story of Slavery
- Aye Write 2021 Creative Writing
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Rams at home with Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Trade Union May Day 2021
- Joan Eardley Centenary – Writers Celebrate her work
- Africa in Motion – Notions of Citizenship
- Scottish Communities Climate Action Network Online Meetup
- Maryhill Matters May Day Matters
- The Joan Eardley Centenary Celebration
- Linda Jackson, The Cabinet launch of poetry collection