Nick Harper: 58 Fordwych Road
Friday, 12 April, 2019 – 8 p.m.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
58 Fordwych Road is an all new show that centres around a living room in a flat in Kilburn, London in the 1960s .
The abode of up and coming singer songwriter Roy Harper and his wife Mocy was an after hours hang-out for the legends who played at Les Cousins in Soho at the height of the acoustic explosion in swingin’ sixties London .
Artists such as Bert Jansch, Davy Graham, John Renbourn, Paul Simon, Sandy Denny, Marc Bolan and others dropped in, to drop out, jam and try new tunes. But all along, there was someone else there …. a toddler, part of the family, inhaling the music and absorbing the vibe; Roy’s young son, Nick Harper.
Nick later carved out his own career in music, but in this unique and one-off show he plays tribute to the time, the place and the music that became the centre of everything for him and the rest of his family.
The show runs over two halves. The first will see Nick delve into the deluge of songs he heard direct from the greats when growing up. In the second, Nick will trace the journey of how these luminary figures’ music evolved and helped shape popular music beyond the sixties, and revisit the eternal themes that run from then to now in songs of his own fine repertoire.
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Alternative Pantos in Glasgow 2019
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Websters Theatre
- Alan Bennett’s Talking Heads, Websters Theatre
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers