Migrant Voice, Changing Lenses, CCA
Glasgow Stories of Integration
Mon 12 March 2018
Photography workshops and final exhibition with the artwork of the participants exploring experiences of integration.
A panel of photographers will guide participants through the process to develop and exhibit their stories to maximum impact.
The Training Process: During 9 sessions, participants will be trained on creative
expression through photography as well as technical, practical photography skills, storytelling, creative writing and how to use words and images together to create a powerful messages in a compelling way.
Discussions will be facilitated around experiences of integration, sense of belonging, the impact of hate crime and impact of the negative debate on migration on community cohesion.
The project culminates with an exhibit of the participants artwork.
Final exhibition with under the title Changing Lenses: Glasgow Stories Of Integration.
The workshops will run for every Monday 6-8pm for a total of 9 sessions from Mon. 29th Jan 2018 and will bring together migrants and non-migrants
The project is free of charge, but participants must attend all workshops.
Migrant Voice project led by Amparo Fortuny. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to register or for more information.
Migrant Voice is a migrant-led organisation established to develop the skills, capacity and confidence of members of migrant communities. We work to amplify migrant voices and secure representation in the media and public life.
The project is funded by The Big Lottery Awards for All Scotland
- The Carlton Jug Band at the Clutha
- Urban Potentials Exhibition Launch
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Art for Africa in memory of Rony Bridges
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre