Migrant Voice, Changing Lenses, CCA
Glasgow Stories of Integration
Mon 12 March 2018
Photography workshops and final exhibition with the artwork of the participants exploring experiences of integration.
A panel of photographers will guide participants through the process to develop and exhibit their stories to maximum impact.
The Training Process: During 9 sessions, participants will be trained on creative
expression through photography as well as technical, practical photography skills, storytelling, creative writing and how to use words and images together to create a powerful messages in a compelling way.
Discussions will be facilitated around experiences of integration, sense of belonging, the impact of hate crime and impact of the negative debate on migration on community cohesion.
The project culminates with an exhibit of the participants artwork.
Final exhibition with under the title Changing Lenses: Glasgow Stories Of Integration.
The workshops will run for every Monday 6-8pm for a total of 9 sessions from Mon. 29th Jan 2018 and will bring together migrants and non-migrants
The project is free of charge, but participants must attend all workshops.
Migrant Voice project led by Amparo Fortuny. Please email email@example.com if you would like to register or for more information.
Migrant Voice is a migrant-led organisation established to develop the skills, capacity and confidence of members of migrant communities. We work to amplify migrant voices and secure representation in the media and public life.
The project is funded by The Big Lottery Awards for All Scotland
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community