McGinn meets Seeger and MacColl An evening with The Cameron Bros East Kilbride Village Theatre Saturday 23rd Augu
East Kilbride Village Theatre
Saturday 23rd August 2014 : 8.00pm
Tickets from Box Office 01355 261000. £12.00 / £10.00
Johnny and Duncan Cameron are well known in the Scottish music scene.
Having enjoyed a long performing career, they continue to run Riverside Studios in Glasgpw.
On Saturday 23rd August with fellow musicians Ian Rennie, Gus Simpson and Raymond McGuire, they make a welcome return to the Village Theatre after successfully touring this highly acclaimed show throughout last year.
When Pete Seeger passed away in January this year, the band dedicated their sell-out performance at Celtic Connections to his memory. The band’s show at The Barrowland Ballroom on May 3rd 2014 fell on the anniversary of Pete’s birthday. They will also be performing songs from the show at the World Music Festival in Selb, Bavaria in October this year.
Seeger first met McGinn on a visit to Glasgow after MacColl, who was married to Pete’s sister Peggy, played him a tape of Matt’s Songs. On his departure Seeger said he just wanted to keep Matt McGinn singing. Johnny and late brother Wallace had the honour of sharing the stage with Pete to do just that when they performed some of Matt’s work on the singer’s 75th anniversary at Symphony Space Theatre in New York.
With more great songs and tunes, we once again invite you to celebrate the music of Matt McGinn, Pete Seeger and Ewan MacColl, three artists whose social commentary in song and lyric changed the face of contemporary folk music from the 60’s onwards.
We’d like to keep them singing ……. and you as well !
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- The Carlton Jug Band at the Clutha
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Sunday Blues Muse at Caffeine
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Riverside Festival 2021
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- The Carlton Jug Band and The Rulers of The Root
- Heidi Talbot and Boo Hewerdine at Websters Theatre
- Shoot Your Shot PRIDE
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- Smokehead Sessions – Dave Arcari Wildcats
- Lizzie Reid at Stirling Tolbooth Shindig Online
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Carlton Sessions
- St Patrick’s Day Special: The Great Irish Songbook