Maryhill and Possilpark Citizens Advice Bureau, Sanctions Campaign
Maryhill and Possilpark Citizens Advice Bureau
Maryhill and Possilpark Citizens Advice Bureau is raising awareness of benefit claimants getting sanctioned. We have organised a range of activities aimed at empowering people who are vulnerable to sanctions, training for other local organisations who work with people being sanctioned, and distributing information about what to do and where to get help if sanctioned.
Prevent sanctions – self help
- If you are set job search targets you can’t manage, say so, or tell a CAB advisor.
- Keep a careful record of everything you do to try and find work. If you are unable to look for work at any point, keep a note of why not.
- Have you missed an appointment? Tell the Job Centre why within 5 days and keep your own record.
If sanctioned – take action
- Ask for a mandatory reconsideration within a month. If you don’t get your first sanctions reversed, later ones could be for longer. Your local CAB can help.
- If that fails, your local CAB can help you appeal through a free, independent tribunal.
- When your money is stopped, you can apply for hardship payments from the Job Centre. You can also apply for a Crisis Grant from Glasgow City Council – call 0141 276 1177. Your local CAB can help you apply for these.
This section: Maryhill and Possilpark Citizens Advice Bureau
Filed under: Maryhill and Possilpark Citizens Advice Bureau
- Maryhill and Possilpark Citizens Advice Bureau, Sanctions Campaign
- Maryhill & Possilpark Citizens Advice Bureau launches ‘Scams Awareness’ Campaign