Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
Saturday, 16 November, 2019, 7 p.m.
Martin Stephenson & The Daintees Autumn 2019 Tour
The Venue, Òran Mór, Top of Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8QX
The tour comes after a busy period for Martin and the band that saw the 9th Daintees album Chi Chi And The Jaguar released in August.
The album, named after Japanese surf guitarist Chi Chi Nakamura, captures the spirit of the early Daintees, unencumbered by record company pressures and 80s production values. It’s a cracking album made for playing live.
Martin, along with John Steel (guitar), Chris Mordey (bass) and Kate Stephenson (drums) will no doubt also be featuring songs from the classic albums Boat To Bolivia and Gladsome, Humour And Blue, but as usual predicting the set list is impossible!
08444 77 1000
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Refuweegee Fundraiser with Sound in the Suburbs
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Lindisfarne at Cottiers
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- Lockdown Sessions Love Glasgow Hate Racism
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live