Lizzie Reid at Stirling Tolbooth Shindig Online
22 April, 2021 7 p.m.
Tolbooth Shindig is back for 2021 with a brand new series of concerts that have been filmed live in Tolbooth Stirling, and will be broadcast weekly on a Thursday from Tolbooth Facebook. They are free to enjoy, and until we can all come together again in Tolbooth for some live music, we hope you will join us each Thursday to experience some excellent performances. For those of you who can’t make it for the broadcast, the concerts will be available to be watched back for 72 hours after the broadcast at www.stirlingevents.org
Newly signed to Seven Four Seven Six, Lizzie Reid is one of Scotland’s most promising talents. An emotionally raw songwriter, Reid’s songs explore themes of love, loss, identity and modern life. Debut EP ‘Cubicle’ will be released in January 2020, which will include recently released singles Tribute, Seamless and Always Lovely, which have racked up plays across XFM, BBC 6 music and Phil Taggerts Radio 1’s Chillest Show.
Drawing comparisons to contemporaries like Laura Marling, Angel Olsen and Julia Jacklin, Reid has an honest vulnerability which shines through in her songs creating a mature, steely eyed reflection on the topics she tackles.
This project was made possible thanks to the support of Creative Scotland.
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- Cats Protection Jade Carrera Art Event
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- The Carlton Jug Band at the Clutha
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood