Live at the Star, June, 2014
All gigs at The Admiral, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA 8 p.m.
Powerful, hugely moving, warm, humane, inspired, funny and gut wrenchingly honest. These are just some of the superlatives used to describe Vin’s performance this year. This international, award winning, singer songwriter is completing his 40th year on the road. WINNER of BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards “Best Live Act” Award 2001
Back in 1970, a young Tyneside guitarist named Rod Clements wrote a song called ‘Meet Me on the Corner’. It became a top ten hit for Rod’s band Lindisfarne, paving the way for the group’s many years of international success. Three decades later ‘Meet Me On The Corner’ is a perennial favourite of the airwaves. Rod Clements is one of the most widely respected figures in British folk roots.
“SMALL GUY, BIG VOICE, SHARP WIT”
Six words that sum up a man with a load of talent and the experience to back it up.
Well known for the voice, the driving guitar and the wicked sense of fun, more than forty years on the road have brought a richness to the voice and a dryness to the humour which wins any audience.
Tich’s repertoire can best be described as eclectic. It ranges through traditional and modern Scottish songs, Burns, his own compositions, hilarious parodies and music hall songs to contemporary classics all linked together with his inventive off the cuff stories.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events, Star Folk Club
- How Does It Feel To Be Loved – Virtual Dance Party
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Festive Concert with Dave Arcari
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Who’s Zoomin Who? Music, Copyright and Precarity
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Refuweegee Fundraiser with Sound in the Suburbs
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show