Live at the Star Club, 18 November – 2 December, 2014
All gigs are held in The Admiral Bar, Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 7DA and start at 8.00pm.
For 40 years he has been considered as the consummate performer, a writer of literary gracefulness whose troubadour chronicles encapsulate the realism of otherwise unsung heroes, otherwise uncharted lives. His songs are faultlessly constructed and flawlessly performed, with his instantly recognisable voice, attractively dark and mellow, and his intricately detailed yet full-sounding guitar playing. His songs are written from a lifetime of travelling; always the observer passing through, each song is a vignette of life, like a story told over a drink in a bar.
Rebecca Wright & Donald McKay
Rebecca & Donald’s music has been likened to that of a good Scotch whisky: delightfully smooth, full of character and highly addictive. With voices that can instantly transport you to another place and time, Donald’s traditional and original songs from his native Scotland are beautifully complemented by Rebecca’s insightful Australian originals and thoughtful selection of contemporary gems.
Winners of ‘The Danny Kyle Open Stage’ at Celtic Connections 2012, Barluath are a Scottish folk band based in Glasgow made up of five students from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. They embrace a wide range of musical styles including Scots and Gaelic Song, Bagpipes, Whistles, fiddle, Guitar, Mandolin, Bass, Clarinet and Piano. With these instruments the band members explore both the Traditional and Contemporary music of Scotland.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events, Star Folk Club
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow