Linlithgow Folk Festival 2019
11 – 15 September, 2019
Fabulous, Friendly Festival – Fun for Everyone
Celebratory Stramash to launch the festival
Wednesday 11 September, 2019 – 8 p.m.
Celebrate the start of the milestone 20th festival in style with a great night of song, music and dance from the stalwarts of Linlithgow Folk Festival and friends.
The emphasis is on participation, so come along and join in with local talent for a tune or a song to get you in the mood for the Festival weekend.
Linlithgow Bowling Club, Philip Avenue, EH49 7BH
FREE – donations welcome
Refreshments available from the bar.
Thursday 12 September, 2019 – 8 p.m.
‘SONGS AND REELS AT THE ROSE’
BENEDICT MORRIS WITH PABLO LAFUENTE & RYAN MURPHY
Back by popular request, this year’s event at the Rose Club will feature three of the most exciting young musicians on the Folk scene.
Benedict Morris, the 2019 BBC Radio Scotland Young Traditional Musician of the Year, is making a huge name for himself, both at home and abroad. Currently part of a duo with Belfast-born guitarist Cormac Crummey (Bene & Cormac). Their debut album Wavelength was released in November 2018, when they enjoyed sell out performances on their Scotland/Ireland tour. Benedict is also the fiddle player alongside five times World Champion Irish dancer, David Geaney, in his show ‘Velocity’, which recently set Broadway alight, earning several five-star reviews.
Since being named as the BBC Radio Scotland Young Traditional Musician of the Year, one of Benedict’s new projects has been a trio with BBC Radio Two Folk Award winners, Pablo Lafuente and Ryan Murphy. They are currently working on an album, which will be released later this year. Linlithgow welcomes these three brilliant young musicians to the festival.
8pm – 10.15pm. Doors open at 7.15pm. Linlithgow Rose Social Club, Braehead Road EH49 6HF. £8 on the door. Tickets also available at Far From The Madding Crowd, 20 High Street, Linlithgow, EH49 7AE. Tickets can be booked online at linlithgowfolk.yapsody.com.
Okefenokee Reunion Band – Saturday 14 September 2019
Welcoming the Okefenokee Bluegrass Band back to Linlithgow for this special concert in the Rose Social Club.
Forty years ago, there was very little knowledge of Bluegrass Music in Scotland. Today there is a thriving scene with many great players. Okefenokee Bluegrass Band were pioneers for Bluegrass in Scotland, if not the UK. They introduced the music through Folk Clubs, Festivals and Pub Gigs. They became very successful on the music scene and expanded to a large Road Show which included a Clogging Dance Troupe and a Dance Caller.
Bluegrass music is now firmly established as part of Linlithgow Folk Festival and we are very pleased to welcome back the pioneering Okefenokee Bluegrass Band for our 2019 concert.
Linlithgow Rose Social Club, Braehead Road EH49 6HF
8pm – 10.15pm (Doors open 7.15pm)
Admission £10 on the door
Tickets are also available from Far From the Madding Crowd, 20 High Street, Linlithgow EH49 7AE. Tickets can be booked online at www.linlithgowfolk.yapsody.com
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Street Party Ashton Lane
- Christmas Tree Light Switch On & Street Market 2019 Glasgow West End
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Julesbasar – Norwegian Christmas Fair Glasgow 2019
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 CCA
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Green Film Festival 2019 GFT
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Samhain: fire and jam session Halloween, North Kelvin Meadow
- CLIC Sargent Christmas Concert 2019