Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
5 July, 2019 – 12 January, 2020
Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
UK Debut – shown in public for the first time
A major retrospective photographic exhibition, which is curated by Paul, Mary and Stella McCartney and features iconic names and moments in music from the 1960s along with more intimate and emotional later work by this acclaimed and prolific photographer.
The retrospective features a wealth of ephemera and archive material, which is being shown in public for the first time. This will include one of Linda’s diaries from the 1960s, bringing new insight into the contemporary music scene of the era and the beginnings of her photographic career.
Cameras used by Linda and held in her archive will also be displayed along with photographic equipment and vintage magazines that have been uncovered from her expansive archive. Polaroids and contact sheets will also be part of the exhibition which explore her creativity and use of the different photographic techniques.
The Retrospective will feature a section dedicated to the photographs Linda took in Scotland alongside the themes of family life, self portraits, nature and social commentary.
£7/£5 . (Under 16s Free)
- Carols in the Cloisters
- Christmas Fayre Gallowgate
- Coorie In at Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- Christmas Come and Sing, University of Glasgow Choir
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- Panto: A Crackin Cinderella Story at Websters
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- White Christmas – Andre Rieu
- Eileen at GFT
- We Dare To Dream + Q and A at GFT
- Preview: Earth Mama plus Q and A
- Maestro at GFT
- Fallen Leaves
- Elf at IMAX Glasgow and Glasgow Science Centre Galleries
- Cinemasters: Powell and Pressburger GFT
- Take 2: Trolls Band Together
- Oppenheimer at GFT 70mm
- It’s a Wonderful Life GFT
- Arthur’s Christmas Tale in aid of Shelter Scotland
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting