Kossof … the band plays on, Cottiers, 7 September, 2017
7 September, 2017 – 7:15 pm – 10:45 pm
Cottiers Theatre, 93 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
Tickets £17.50 Advance/£20 on the Door (Ticket Price inc. ticket admin fee which will display at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought in person or bought on the day)
Doors 7.15pm Show starts 8.15pm
KOSSOFF .!!..the band plays on..feat Terry Wilson- Slesser & John Buckton
Forty years on since Paul Kossoff ( FREE..ALL RIGHT NOW ) passed away at the age of 25 in 1976.
Singer Terry Slesser – the voice of Koss’ critically acclaimed post-Free band Back Street Crawler, and close friend of Koss keeps the memory of one of the greatest British Blues guitarists and his music alive.
Sless has chosen guitarist John Buckton of whom Simon Kirke said ‘If Free were to reform John Buckton would be my first choice as guitarist’
The Band play on is a series of special dates reviving for the first time since the 70s the catalogue of Back Street Crawler and most favourite Free numbers. All Right Now, The Hunter, Stealer, Blue Soul, Long Way Down etc etc..
14+. u16s must be accompanied by an adult
This is a seated event. Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium).
Please note, Cottiers’ box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. For Box Office Collection, please wait until the day of performance. Phone messages and emails are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Don’t forget Websters Bistro is now open for lunch, pre-theatre and a la carte meals
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Seahorse Saturday
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
- Game On: Queer Disruptions in Sport screening plus Q&A
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- Black History Month: Scots and Early British Colonialism in Asia
- International Day of the Girl Child