John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
October and November, 2018
Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G3 6RB
John Carpenter has maintained his place as one of the most loved and highly lauded directors in the realm of cult, fantasy and horror filmmaking for over 40 years. From the moment that Halloween broke through to audiences worldwide in 1978, Carpenter has created some of the most successful films in cinema history.
Through October and November GFT is taking the rare opportunity to present the spectacle of Carpenter’s much-loved cult classics on the big screen looking better than ever.
The Fog, They Live and Escape from New York are all presented in brand new digital restorations while Halloween will be accompanied by an exclusive recorded Q&A with John Carpenter, discussing Halloween‘s development and its enduring legacy.
Films in the Season
This section: Cinema, Hallowe'en in Glasgow
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- September Programme at G.FT.
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Make Up, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Re-opening Programme
- “Trainspotting The Italian Chapter” madness or success beyond the borders
- White Riot, Govanhill International Festival
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Take One Action 2020
- Edinburgh Festivals Past 1954 – 1969
- Glasgow Short Film Festival Online