John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
Glasgow Print Studio First Floor Gallery
Exhibition Runs 08 September – 30 October 2020
A retrospective exhibition of works in print by the revered Scottish playwright, writer and artist who turned 80 this year. The works have all been produced at Glasgow Print Studio since the early 1990s and includes a selection of new and exclusive hand coloured screenprints created at the studio this year.
The exhibition is a showcase of Byrne’s fluid draughtsmanship and his ability to underscore a raw directness with typical humour.
John Byrne has been using the Glasgow Print Studio facilities since the 1970s, publishing a significant and diverse body of work in print. His work is held in major collections in Scotland and abroad, with several of his paintings hanging in the Scottish National Portrait Gallery in Edinburgh, the Museum of Modern Art and the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum in Glasgow.
If you are unable to visit in person but would like a full list of works available, then please contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 552 0704.
Dear John | A Thirty Year Portrait Portfolio, clamshell presentation case, containing 12 portraits of the artist, writer and playwright John Byrne. All images copyright David Eustace 2020.
Handmade Japanese stock paper, 250gsm, 50.8 cm x 40.6 cm (paper size).
Glasgow Print Studio Ground Floor Gallery
David Eustace is a Scottish photographer and director, who is known for his fashion, celebrity and art photography. His photographs are included in the collections of the Scottish National Portrait Gallery and the Glasgow Museum of Modern Art.
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Bungalow Cafe at Mother India, Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Mandabi, GFT
- Ammonite, GFT
- Earwig and the Witch at GFT
- First Cow, GFT
- The Father at GFT
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery