John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
Glasgow Print Studio First Floor Gallery
Exhibition Runs 08 September – 30 October 2020
A retrospective exhibition of works in print by the revered Scottish playwright, writer and artist who turned 80 this year. The works have all been produced at Glasgow Print Studio since the early 1990s and includes a selection of new and exclusive hand coloured screenprints created at the studio this year.
The exhibition is a showcase of Byrne’s fluid draughtsmanship and his ability to underscore a raw directness with typical humour.
John Byrne has been using the Glasgow Print Studio facilities since the 1970s, publishing a significant and diverse body of work in print. His work is held in major collections in Scotland and abroad, with several of his paintings hanging in the Scottish National Portrait Gallery in Edinburgh, the Museum of Modern Art and the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum in Glasgow.
If you are unable to visit in person but would like a full list of works available, then please contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 552 0704.
Dear John | A Thirty Year Portrait Portfolio, clamshell presentation case, containing 12 portraits of the artist, writer and playwright John Byrne. All images copyright David Eustace 2020.
Handmade Japanese stock paper, 250gsm, 50.8 cm x 40.6 cm (paper size).
Glasgow Print Studio Ground Floor Gallery
David Eustace is a Scottish photographer and director, who is known for his fashion, celebrity and art photography. His photographs are included in the collections of the Scottish National Portrait Gallery and the Glasgow Museum of Modern Art.
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- a serenade for Lahore’s Rain – Rizwan Akhtar
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Roy’s West End View: Battered Boris savaged by top Scots true blues
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Wullie Davidson’s Blog: Extreme Global Weather Events of 2021
- Bob Law’s Blog: An Unusual Cross Country Ski Day in Glasgow
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow