John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
Glasgow Print Studio First Floor Gallery
Exhibition Runs 08 September – 30 October 2020
A retrospective exhibition of works in print by the revered Scottish playwright, writer and artist who turned 80 this year. The works have all been produced at Glasgow Print Studio since the early 1990s and includes a selection of new and exclusive hand coloured screenprints created at the studio this year.
The exhibition is a showcase of Byrne’s fluid draughtsmanship and his ability to underscore a raw directness with typical humour.
John Byrne has been using the Glasgow Print Studio facilities since the 1970s, publishing a significant and diverse body of work in print. His work is held in major collections in Scotland and abroad, with several of his paintings hanging in the Scottish National Portrait Gallery in Edinburgh, the Museum of Modern Art and the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum in Glasgow.
If you are unable to visit in person but would like a full list of works available, then please contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 552 0704.
Dear John | A Thirty Year Portrait Portfolio, clamshell presentation case, containing 12 portraits of the artist, writer and playwright John Byrne. All images copyright David Eustace 2020.
Handmade Japanese stock paper, 250gsm, 50.8 cm x 40.6 cm (paper size).
Glasgow Print Studio Ground Floor Gallery
David Eustace is a Scottish photographer and director, who is known for his fashion, celebrity and art photography. His photographs are included in the collections of the Scottish National Portrait Gallery and the Glasgow Museum of Modern Art.
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Anti Racist Group Woodlands Community
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Rigging Hill, Largs. October 2021
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Glasgow Open House Arts Festival 2021
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor