Jo Pratt & Sumayya Usmani: The Flexible Vegetarian at Aye Write, 2018.
18th Mar 2018 • 3:00PM – 4:00PM
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Whether you’re an occasional meat-eater, a vegetarian who needs to cook for meat-eaters, or even a dedicated veggie, you’ll find something in this event for you.
Whether you’re an occasional meat-eater, a vegetarian who needs to cook for meat-eaters, or even a dedicated veggie, you’ll find something in Jo Pratt’s The Flexible Vegetarian. For health, ecological and sustainability reasons, there has never been a better time to join the growing flexitarianism movement and expand your culinary skills.
Jo will be joined by food writer, broadcaster and cookery teacher, Sumayya Usmani who is passionate about sharing the flavours of her homeland of Pakistan and advocates cooking by ‘andaza’ (sensory and estimation cooking), her latest book is Mountain Berries and Desert Spice.
- New Life Gym, Maryhill, Glasgow
- The Social Isolation Film Festival curated by GFT
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- The Nae Pub Quiz Round 2 – Gigs in Scotland
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Cottiers Pub Quiz – Cancelled until further notice
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Neu Reekie at Aye Write
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee