Jo Pratt & Sumayya Usmani: The Flexible Vegetarian at Aye Write, 2018.
18th Mar 2018 • 3:00PM – 4:00PM
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Whether you’re an occasional meat-eater, a vegetarian who needs to cook for meat-eaters, or even a dedicated veggie, you’ll find something in this event for you.
Whether you’re an occasional meat-eater, a vegetarian who needs to cook for meat-eaters, or even a dedicated veggie, you’ll find something in Jo Pratt’s The Flexible Vegetarian. For health, ecological and sustainability reasons, there has never been a better time to join the growing flexitarianism movement and expand your culinary skills.
Jo will be joined by food writer, broadcaster and cookery teacher, Sumayya Usmani who is passionate about sharing the flavours of her homeland of Pakistan and advocates cooking by ‘andaza’ (sensory and estimation cooking), her latest book is Mountain Berries and Desert Spice.
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- The Personal History of David Copperfield, GFT
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer
- Celtic Connections 2020: Lucy Rose review Fionnuala Boyle
- GRIT Orchestra Celtic Connections 2020 photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT
- Everything – The Real Thing Story Q & A