Jo Pratt & Sumayya Usmani: The Flexible Vegetarian at Aye Write, 2018.
18th Mar 2018 • 3:00PM – 4:00PM
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Whether you’re an occasional meat-eater, a vegetarian who needs to cook for meat-eaters, or even a dedicated veggie, you’ll find something in this event for you.
Whether you’re an occasional meat-eater, a vegetarian who needs to cook for meat-eaters, or even a dedicated veggie, you’ll find something in Jo Pratt’s The Flexible Vegetarian. For health, ecological and sustainability reasons, there has never been a better time to join the growing flexitarianism movement and expand your culinary skills.
Jo will be joined by food writer, broadcaster and cookery teacher, Sumayya Usmani who is passionate about sharing the flavours of her homeland of Pakistan and advocates cooking by ‘andaza’ (sensory and estimation cooking), her latest book is Mountain Berries and Desert Spice.
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021