Jo Pratt & Sumayya Usmani: The Flexible Vegetarian at Aye Write, 2018.
18th Mar 2018 • 3:00PM – 4:00PM
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Whether you’re an occasional meat-eater, a vegetarian who needs to cook for meat-eaters, or even a dedicated veggie, you’ll find something in this event for you.
Whether you’re an occasional meat-eater, a vegetarian who needs to cook for meat-eaters, or even a dedicated veggie, you’ll find something in Jo Pratt’s The Flexible Vegetarian. For health, ecological and sustainability reasons, there has never been a better time to join the growing flexitarianism movement and expand your culinary skills.
Jo will be joined by food writer, broadcaster and cookery teacher, Sumayya Usmani who is passionate about sharing the flavours of her homeland of Pakistan and advocates cooking by ‘andaza’ (sensory and estimation cooking), her latest book is Mountain Berries and Desert Spice.
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT