International Roma Day Glasgow 2022
Saturday 9 April, 2022, 11.30 p.m. until 5 p.m.
Coplaw Street, Glasgow, Glasgow G42 7DB
First physical International Roma Day celebrations since 2019!
ASSEMBLE AT GOVANHILL PARK 11AM
SPEECHES – 11.30AM
with a celebratory event to follow the parade in The Point ( 180 Queen’s Drive, Glasgow, G42 8QD). Numbers are limited in the hall so first come, first served!
International Roma Day (8th April) is celebrated every year internationally. It was established in 1990 by the World Romani Congress of the International Romani Union as a day dedicated to celebrating Roma culture and raising awareness about issues faced by Roma people.
In Glasgow, International Roma Day has been celebrated since 2013, and was recognised as the first public procession by Roma people ever in the UK. It is a vibrant event full of live traditional Roma music, speeches, chants, homemade placards with messages of Roma pride, solidarity, and hope – as well some dancing along the way!
- The Homebird Sessions at Cottiers
- A Night of Grief and Misery, Cottiers
- Summer of Stories at The Hunterian
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Restricted Code, The Glad Cafe
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters
- Luzzu at GFT